Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock yxz headlights dont get the edges of the road well which makes it harder to see. Do the front pod lights help with that and are they really worth the $250?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see how those lights would light up "the edge of the road".
My car came with those pod lights - they are like 18 watts.
It was like (2) cigarettes burning.

But, your mileage may vary.
So you'd say that they aren't really worth it, or make a good change in brightness?

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SE SS
337 Posts
No, they are not.
Buy some quality lights. Pick the patterns you want and adjust them.
If you ride in dust, keep the lights lower than eye level.

My 0.02

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I love the pod lights, they brighten up pretty decent when light bar is not the best option due to traffic or whatever but when I’m in the deep woods, a decent light is the best.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I installed a 6 inch bar in the spot that the pods go in. Worked out really well. it has spot in the middle and flood on the edges.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That might be what I will do. Did you use some special mounting brackets for it or just fabricate something together?
I used the brackets that came with the lights, and mounted to the pod mounts. Had to do a little fab to get things to work, but nothing hard. No measuring or anything!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used the brackets that came with the lights, and mounted to the pod mounts. Had to do a little fab to get things to work, but nothing hard. No measuring or anything!
That sounds great, do you have a link to the light bar? If not I can definitely find one that works

·
Registered
13 Posts
2019 YXZ SS SE here (white), came stock with them and without these high beams it’s worthless, and with them it’s barely tolerable. Will be looking into more lighting soon.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That sounds great, do you have a link to the light bar? If not I can definitely find one that works
I looked for a link, but it was giving me mountain bike stuff?!?! It was a 4XKing light I believe. Around $80 well cheaper than a rigid. They were doing the same destructive tests that rigid does maybe a little worse. Amazon looks like they have quite a few to select from. Mine is an all aluminum housing and waterproof. I think the bar was 7 1/4 inches total length, and the light was 6 inches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts