Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 YXZ1000r SS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried doing a search but I couldn't find a lot of info on this modification for the yxz SS models. Ftecu had released a new unrestricted tune for the transmission ECU/MCU. I'm trying to figure out whether or not I need to buy the whole transmission ECU flashing kit or can I use my existing ftecu bench fuel injection kit and only have to purchase the 4 pin bench type 14 harness Plug for the transmission along with a new license? Also does any one on the forum have this transmission reflash done to their yxz SS? Any info would be appreciated.
P.s. I tried to pm sparky but I can't figure out how to send PM's to other members on the forum yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did this to mine about a year ago. I to have the bench kit. All I purchased was the transmission data link cable that plugs right into the bench kit. When you plug it into flash it prompts you to buy the license. Really is super easy just like flashing your ECU with flash tune. I have a 17 SS that is turboed with the 45 15 gears. Everything works as it should shifts are definitely faster. Definitely worth a couple hundred dollars if you already have the bench kit

·
Registered
2018 YXZ1000r SS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did this to mine about a year ago. I to have the bench kit. All I purchased was the transmission data link cable that plugs right into the bench kit. When you plug it into flash it prompts you to buy the license. Really is super easy just like flashing your ECU with flash tune. I have a 17 SS that is turboed with the 45 15 gears. Everything works as it should shifts are definitely faster. Definitely worth a couple hundred dollars if you already have the bench kit
Ok awesome, thanks for your help and that definitely the answer I was hoping for. Out of curiosity when you went turbo did you add a piggyback to your ftecu for better fuel control? Or did you stick with the ftecu software to tune? Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Went with weller/rpm kit. Power commander and autotune. Weller flashed my ecu for pump gas. So I already had the bench kit from before the turbo.

·
Registered
2018 YXZ1000r SS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I see... I'm getting ready to go forced induction at the end of the year, I emailed ftecu about there new auto tune feature but it's going to be awhile until they release it for the yxz, with that being said I might hold off on going turbo/SC until then. Thanks again for your quick responses, I'll definitely be ordering the transmission ECU flash this week!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just FYI, I been asking (here & there) FTecu about Autotune for YXZ over 2 years now. Then and now, I'm doubtful FTecu will ever release Autotune for YXZ. I ended up having to piggyback my FTecu with Bazzaz Z-Fi and Z-AFM to accomadate ported head, cam, velocity stacks, and airbox spacer. The setup lives permanently on my machine should I ever decide on a supercharger kit. If I go turbo, I'll ditch the entire flash & fueling setup and let Alba handle it from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts