Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel Moto offers professional ECU flashing services for the YXZ 1000R. Our ECU flashing service requires users to send us their ECU (same day turnaround in most cases).
We offer two different flashing services:

Fuel Moto D-Flash $149.00 D-Flash ECU reflashing service is designed to remove the factory performance related restrictions as well as other optimizations within the tune, allowing increases in throttle response, running quality, driveability, and overall performance. D-Flash works great on stock machines and is also designed to operate with modifications such as an exhaust & intake in conjunction with aftermarket piggyback fuel controllers such as the Dynojet Power Commander and Fuel Moto Micro EFI tuner.

Fuel Moto E-Flash $249.00 Fuel Moto E-Flash is designed as a complete engine management solution, no other add on devices are necessary. Factory restrictions are removed and all available definitions are calibrated as necessary for each application. E-Flash offers substantial increases in horsepower & torque, driveability, and overall response. E-Flash includes extensive tune modification including air/fuel & spark timing optimization for your specific combination. E-Flash is an excellent option for everyday street riders as well racers. We offer unlimited re-flashing (shipping not included) for no charge, and your ECU can be returned to stock at any time.

For more info you can visit Fuel Moto ECU Flash

·
Registered
991 Posts
So i am one that is wondering and wanting a reflash for stock vehicle. I am concerned as i have a 4 year warranty and do not want to void. So my questions are that you can flash ecu back to factory settings and could dealer tell if set back and taken in for work? And also is there any other modifications i need to do if ecu reflashed like to exhaust ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i am one that is wondering and wanting a reflash for stock vehicle. I am concerned as i have a 4 year warranty and do not want to void. So my questions are that you can flash ecu back to factory settings and could dealer tell if set back and taken in for work? And also is there any other modifications i need to do if ecu reflashed like to exhaust ?
They are not able to read the ECU at the dealer level, essentially the only way they would know that it has been flashed would be by the differences in the tune such as the rev limiter or speed limiter, so its not very likely. We can also reflash the ECU back to stock at anytime for no charge.

A stock YXZ benefits really well from a reflash and we developed a specific "stock improved" tune for use with the stock exhaust and equipment which corrects the fuel mixture & ignition timing, it increases the rev limiter for better over-rev between shifts, it removes the 78mph speed limiter, as well as other edits. This makes a noticable difference in throttle response, on-off-on throttle transitions are smoother, there is an overall increase in performance as well as top speed. We also have maps for slip on and full exhaust which enhance performance to an even higher level and we are working on calibrations for more combinations as we go. We now own YXZ's at both our WI and CA facilities for testing & development and are involved in developing and manufacturing products "behind the scenes" for a few other companies.

Hope this info helps and if you have any additional questions just let me know

·
Registered
6 Posts
fuelmoto,

I have some questions about that reflash for stock YXZ :

Does it changes the OEM requirements as far as the fuel that must be used ? Can you still run regular fuel or it requires 91 or 93 octane ?

Also, how does it affects fuel mileage overall ?

Do you have a dyno sheet showing the performance gains that the reflash has ?

You mention that the reflash has some more edits. Can you elaborate more on what it affects (does it affects the temperature at which the radiator fan comes on, for example) ?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
fuelmoto,

I have some questions about that reflash for stock YXZ :

Does it changes the OEM requirements as far as the fuel that must be used ? Can you still run regular fuel or it requires 91 or 93 octane ?

Also, how does it affects fuel mileage overall ?

Do you have a dyno sheet showing the performance gains that the reflash has ?

You mention that the reflash has some more edits. Can you elaborate more on what it affects (does it affects the temperature at which the radiator fan comes on, for example) ?

Thanks
Our base calibrations are setup to run 89 octane fuel (or better), however we can modify the timing tables for a given combination and fuel grade as necessary. Fuel mileage is not changed much one way or another as there are areas of the OEM tune that are overly rich and some regions are lean, the biggest consideration for mileage is load and how the vehicle is driven. Because dyno charts are relative to the specific dyno, conditions, etc... we are waiting to release our charts, to be completely honest we need a set of dyno specific tires/wheels for our YXZ so all the numbers all end up relative and comparable as we have used several different styles & sizes up to this point. I will post an assortment of dyno charts from our testing once we get thru the range of components on the dyno at our CA facility. As far at tune edits it depends on the setup, however in our YXZ calibrations we edit the TPS & MAP based fuel tables, Igntion timing is adjusted by gear, the soft/hard rev limiters are raised, speed limiter removed, fan temps are edited, and we make some edits to transient fueling.

I hope this info helps, next week I will put together some additional info on what you can expect from our flash and the services we offer.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Which exhaust(full) brand did you guys use for test & remapping ECU?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'll be honest, understanding ECU flashing isn't where I want to expend brain cells, though I know from other members that even a flash on totally stock machines makes a decent difference in performance. Do exhaust companies that offer an ECU flash know more about whats needed with their exhausts than say a company like Fuel Moto? I ask because a future exhaust or slip-on purchase will accompany an ECU flash for best performance. In my mind a company that just does flashing should be an expert in whats best for the machine vs. one selling exhausts and other goodies. And I always wonder this too - is it safe for the machine - Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which exhaust(full) brand did you guys use for test & remapping ECU?
We have tested the Graves header with a few slip ons, and have built up an assortment of calibrations we developed for the E-Series exhaust systems that we will be releasing in Sept (full system & slip on), this gives us good crossover on the systems that are out there tune wise. We also developed a kick ass improved stock tune that really improves the YXZ with stock equipment, and have some excellent slip on tunes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be honest, understanding ECU flashing isn't where I want to expend brain cells, though I know from other members that even a flash on totally stock machines makes a decent difference in performance. Do exhaust companies that offer an ECU flash know more about whats needed with their exhausts than say a company like Fuel Moto? I ask because a future exhaust or slip-on purchase will accompany an ECU flash for best performance. In my mind a company that just does flashing should be an expert in whats best for the machine vs. one selling exhausts and other goodies. And I always wonder this too - is it safe for the machine - Thanks for your input!
Yes, the YXZ really benefits from tuning even in completely stock form. There is an immediate increase in throttle response & overall performance, the speed limiter is removed, and in the end it just makes an already excellent machine even more awesome.
I cant speak for other companies that are offering similar products & services however Fuel Moto has been doing this for over 15 years, we have worked with & developed products and tuning solutions for an assortment of companies and manuafacturers, we've tuned machines for factory race teams, and we live & breath EFI tuning. I've personally tuned over 2500 machines on a chassis dyno, and we also own two YXZ's for the sole purpose of product development.
In the next month we will be releasing our E-Series exhaust systems and we will be offering some excellent exhaust/tuner deals with a few different brands as well.
As far as if ECU flashing is safe, the best answer I can give is that a properly tuned machine is always going to have better reliability & durability than an untuned one, sometimes times by a longshot in some of the applications we work with. Fortunately these motors dont need to be tuned on the edge to deliver great performance.

If you have any questions just let me know and I am here to help, Jamie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is turn around and what does this flash do for me. Thnx
In most cases we have same day turnaround, no later than 24 hour.

The ECU flash will correct the fuel mixture and edit the timing and various other tables based on your combination, and restrictions such as the speed limiter are removed and the soft/hard rev limiters are edited for better over-rev between shifts (yet to a safe limit). Performance increases are immediately noticable in most applications.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As I noted earlier we will offer an additional $50.00 discount on our E-Flash (normally $249) to YZXtalk members

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Pm me where to send my ECU and total cost. Also any info you need from me. I will send it next week. As I said I have the full graves exhaust on order. 36078 zip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pm me where to send my ECU and total cost. Also any info you need from me. I will send it next week. As I said I have the full graves exhaust on order. 36078 zip.
The flash can be ordered directly thru our website and it will give you options for return shipping from Fuel Moto here Fuel Moto ECU Flash

The ECU can be sent in using the returns form from our website. Please include a copy of your sales invoice or invoice number for the return authorization. This form is located here http://www.fuelmotousa.com/files/downloads/returns.pdf and the address is on the form. Be sure to include the year/model of your machine as well as all of the modifications you are done to it.

YXZtalk forum users are also eligible for a $50.00 discount on our E-Flash service, we generated a coupon code YXZFLASH which can be entered during checkout and the discount is automatically applied.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Found a bunch of dyno graphs on your webpage, but do you happen to have one for YXZ? I just now pulled trigger on full exhaust. Thanks!

Reactions: BAMA BANSHEE

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Found a bunch of dyno graphs on your webpage, but do you happen to have one for YXZ? I just now pulled trigger on full exhaust. Thanks!
We have not yet publicly published any dyno charts for the YXZ. As I mentioned earlier in another thread because our testing was done in completely varying conditions some of which had different tire sizes etc.. the data is not relative for comparison, its relative for that session of testing only. We post charts on our website for the V-twin motors we build simply because we have so much supportive data and have hundreds of dealers that carry our components in that segement. When we have our E-Series exhaust systems ready in Sept or early Oct we will post an assortment of dyno charts for our systems as well as a few others, we will be doing some back to back testing which should be pretty cool. Stay tuned...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts