Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I pulled in for a fuel stop this past outing, the tank had built up a lot of pressure... We don't run the passenger seat, so I could even see it was swollen some too. My car was extremely low on fuel, She ran completely out and died while we were re-fueling too.

There was so much air coming out of the tank, it was blowing the fuel back out as we were trying to get it in there too. Which made for an awful mess!

I would chalk this up to a stopped up valve on my machine somewhere, but all the YXZs running this race had the same challenge. One car even blew fuel out of the tank when they took the cap off!

No fires were started, but this could easily be a fire issue...

Anyone else out there experienced this, And more importantly, anyone out there know where I should start for a Fix! :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
On the Woverine and Vikings we put in small inline filters to keep dirt from getting to the fuel tank and also clogging up the vent RO valve. Think the end comes out right behind the passenger seat but haven't done it to the YXZ yet. I'm going to put one somewhere on that #13 line in the diagram.

TankMod.jpg YXZFuelVent.JPG

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it doesn't have a filter on the fuel inlet ? I haven't dug into mine yet at all, and it may be a couple days still since I really need to get a tire back on it before I move it much. LoL

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
So it doesn't have a filter on the fuel inlet ? I haven't dug into mine yet at all, and it may be a couple days still since I really need to get a tire back on it before I move it much. LoL
He's talking about putting a filter on the vent line. Teryx are bad about having the vent line get plugged and this is part of what they do to fix it, along with rerouting the line.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yep, talking about he vent line. They don't have filters just that roll over valve that keeps gas from coming out if you get upside down. The valve can get plugged and the vent can still suck dirt into the tank. Just look inside that vent hose.. Did on my Wolverine after a really dusty ride and it had so much crap in it. I went autozone and picked up a little inline filter that day. Same one I use for my mower too. :D

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up! I'm sure this was the problem so I will get that little filter in place before our next ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts