Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI Paint
I went to a showing last night of the YXZ 1000 SE. It looks even better in person.

I had a nice talk with the regional rep. But one thing I found out that I find bizarre is all the yellow one’s are painted???

The Blue and Orange will have colored plastic but the yellow SE is painted with automotive paint. One ride in the desert you wouldn’t have any paint left.

Good news is the dealers will have the Blue and Orange in stock and ready to deliver on Dec 1st. :confused:

·
Registered
674 Posts
FYI Paint
I went to a showing last night of the YXZ 1000 SE. It looks even better in person.

I had a nice talk with the regional rep. But one thing I found out that I find bizarre is all the yellow one’s are painted???

The Blue and Orange will have colored plastic but the yellow SE is painted with automotive paint. One ride in the desert you wouldn’t have any paint left.

Good news is the dealers will have the Blue and Orange in stock and ready to deliver on Dec 1st. :confused:
WOW, that is pretty big. I would definitely rather have colored plastic than paint. I have that with my Wildcat. Now all they have to do is come with a turbo stock in that orange one, LOL!

·
Registered
13 Posts
What's wrong with painted plastic? The majority of RZRs I've seen had it, mine included, and the paint held up great. Matter of fact, after a year of mud riding and pressure washings, my painted plastics still looked new but the red-colored plastics on the base model RZRs that rode with us looked like absolute crap.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree. Notice the orange is also $200 cheaper than the Blue and White. Maybe because the Blue comes with painted A Arms and stuff.

·
Registered
762 Posts
l WONDER WHAT COLOR THE PLASTIC IS UNDER THE YELLOW. IF BLACK PLASTIC l WOOD BUY THE YELLOW JUST TO TURN IT BLACK.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The silver painted Grizzlys I have seen were black underneath (could look under the fenders and see). But I can't imagine taking off the yellow paint. That would be a real pain not to mention the end result would probably be some dull black color and not shiny (if black under the paint).

The yellow pictures show they are yellow underneath so????

·
Registered
147 Posts
There's LOTS of ATV's that are painted. The SE Grizzlies are/have been painted, pretty sure Polaris and Kawasaki and Suzuki each offer or have offered painted ATV's (hard to remember from last time I was in a dealer, avoid those three personally). Not a big deal IMO.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Paint will just peel off over time on the plastics. I can't imagine they'd do that ... but who knows.

·
Registered
762 Posts
l STRIP THE PAINT OFF MY FIRST WILDCAT WITH A PRESSURE WASHER IN LESS THAN A HOUR. 2012-06-039518.04.31.jpg

Reactions: Kalop

·
Registered
404 Posts
Painting plastic is nothing new. Just about every automotive passenger car in the world has a painted plastic bumper. Hell, the entire Saturn body was plastic and, yes you guessed it, painted. Polymers have come a long way. When done right, it is a more durable FINE finish than just a plastic fender that has a coat of polish. Some early wildcats were not done right. Others were. Mine waxed up extremely well. When I got bored with it, I wrapped it. Same as we'll probably all do on this too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts