Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if the stock YXZ almost or does beat a turbo mav or pol, is it a no brainier the turbo'd YZX will win hands down or is this still in question!

·
Registered
753 Posts
The YXZ smokes the others easily with a turbo on it. The kit makes 155 HP. Game changer my friend.
I must have missed the videos of NA yxz smoking the turbo's????

I do agree turbo yxz should easily dominate all others.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I must have missed the videos of NA yxz smoking the turbo's????

I do agree turbo yxz should easily dominate all others.
I have no idea how the stock YXZ stacks up but we saw what a pipe and programmed YXZ did to a 105 RWHP RZR so we know for a fact a turbo charged 155 HP YXZ will wax everything out there easily.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Plus No belt slippage and you can shred all day long and no waiting for a belt to cool down :D

Reactions: Vital

·
Registered
831 Posts
A lot of folks are looking for turbo boosted performance on the dunes.

If I were to consider a turbo, it would be for riding in Flagstaff at 9000 feet or Colorado at 12,000 feet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Intriguing that the most comfortable, most solid feeling sxs will be the strongest runner with a turbo.
And let's not forget the awesome standard shift
What a home run for Yami.
IF the durability is there.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I still would like to see the YXZ Turbo go against Polaris turbo n Can am Turbo to see what happens... Plus like to see all stock non turbo's go at it too.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I still would like to see the YXZ Turbo go against Polaris turbo n Can am Turbo to see what happens... Plus like to see all stock non turbo's go at it too.
Why not the top flagship model from each sxs manufacturer stock vs stock vs stock ?

OTD they all are fairly close in price $21k yami, $18k mav, $23k rzr.

Stock models... the best manufacturers have to offer, line 'em up.

Reactions: Neal3000

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah, line them all up. But lets do it fair at the MSRP prices and comparable equipment options. Will go with the 26k range since the Rzr is so expensive. YXZ is still the cheapest and will absolutely blow the doors off the others. Heck even without the turbo I'm sure it's close.

MAVERICK X RS TURBO completely stripped. Add roof/doors/skidplate. +2000
TOTAL MSRP
$ 24,000.00 +2000 = 26000.00

Rzr Turbo - $25,000 +Roof, Doors, Skidplate +2000 = 27,000

YXZ - 21,600 +Turbo +4000. =25,600

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yeah, line them all up. But lets do it fair at the MSRP prices and comparable equipment options. Will go with the 26k range since the Rzr is so expensive. YXZ is still the cheapest and will absolutely blow the doors off the others. Heck even without the turbo I'm sure it's close.

MAVERICK X RS TURBO completely stripped. Add roof/doors/skidplate. +2000
TOTAL MSRP
$ 24,000.00 +2000 = 26000.00

Rzr Turbo - $25,000 +Roof, Doors, Skidplate +2000 = 27,000

YXZ - 21,600 +Turbo +4000. =25,600

LOL

That's cute... should get you a lot of likes. Let's line 'em up .. we can agree on that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
LOL

That's cute... should get you a lot of likes. Let's line 'em up .. we can agree on that.
Nothing I have ever owned stays stock. A lot of companies cork up their stuff for the EPA so all I care about is the potential. Everyone I know does at least a pipe, programmer and intake on everything they own.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts