Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Buckhead, Ga on lake oconee, Morgan county not Atlanta. Just moved up here a few months ago, have no friends to ride with except my wife (she rips a fully modded YFZ450) and OCCASIONALLY my father so its always us two or just me.

I would love to plan a group ride in about 2 weeks I will be out of town next Thursady - Monday. Maybe we get a group together and go to Durham Town or somewhere else you guys know is fun. Let me know who is interested so we can get to planning!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would love to venture out to Durhamtown myself! For what ever reason, I have yet to make it by there. I live roughly 250 miles from there so some pre-planning on my part will probably have to happen as well.

I am going out to the next round of the UTVRR as well in northern Al too. So I can't schedule anything on the weekend of the 14th.

We also have a nice little place to ride here in Morganton NC too. It is deep in a big ole Mountain (brown Mtn orv) so it's Not very open. Probably won't ever get out of 3rd in a YXZ, but there is some absolutely great places in there to test yourself and the machine. I can't tell you how many people always stop me in the parking lot and say "NO WAY that sxs makes it around there!" I just love to show them too!

The local Rangers have done a great job clearing out some of the trails where we can get thru there with out brush scratching out machines now too.

I will keep up with this thread so we can make some trips happen !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to venture out to Durhamtown myself! For what ever reason, I have yet to make it by there. I live roughly 250 miles from there so some pre-planning on my part will probably have to happen as well.

I am going out to the next round of the UTVRR as well in northern Al too. So I can't schedule anything on the weekend of the 14th.

We also have a nice little place to ride here in Morganton NC too. It is deep in a big ole Mountain (brown Mtn orv) so it's Not very open. Probably won't ever get out of 3rd in a YXZ, but there is some absolutely great places in there to test yourself and the machine. I can't tell you how many people always stop me in the parking lot and say "NO WAY that sxs makes it around there!" I just love to show them too!

The local Rangers have done a great job clearing out some of the trails where we can get thru there with out brush scratching out machines now too.

I will keep up with this thread so we can make some trips happen !
I will be riding every weekend after nov 9. If you decide to come down the weekend of the 21 or any other weekend we can get together. Im pretty sure BlanT2 would be interested in going as well. Durham town has cabins they rent for dirt cheap, they are not the nicest so if you want nice quality need to stay about 30 minutes away in my town. There is also Sunnyside which is all sand trails about 45 mintues away from durham town.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts