Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Is "pack it in, pack it out" too much to ask?

Venture to almost any public riding area immediately after a holiday weekend and you’re likely to find piles of trash, water bottles and empty beer cans left behind. In high trafficked areas like Glamis, California, the amount of refuse left behind is disturbing. While this behavior is detestable and no doubt a significant factor in the closing of popular riding areas, a group of Glamis regulars have launched the Glamis Black Bag Project as a way to encourage people to practice good stewardship of the dunes and take their garbage with them.

Check out the videos here: Glamis Black Bag Project Launches Initiative to Preserve the Dunes - ATV.com

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's amazing that there's camps out there who just don't care, and no one in their group is willing to say "take your shit with you"!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I agree with You Sandman, My stomping grounds are pismo dunes, I see this over and over. People leave trash bags and piles of trash everywhere. The worse thing is the seagulls turn that into a disaster zone. Rip bags apart and scatter shit everywhere. I have broken a couple of my camping buddies bad habits and literally load up trash they left behind and dump it on their truck bed as we are airing up!! They got the idea. Also people leave fire wood behind, super dangerous. Wind and sand cover the wood then you run over it , it’s happened to me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Never understood leaving behind wood. Didn't want a bigger fire??? If I'm leaving Monday, I'll scavenge the washes Sunday afternoon and have a gigantic fire that night....all in the name of cleaning up.

·
Registered
478 Posts
To the people that leave their trash behind... You had room in your moho or trailer or pick-up to get it there right? You have room to take it out with you and dump it properly!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kudos to Black Bag Project!!! We all need to join in and help with this!!! It is disgusting that people cant pack out their trash. And then there are the people who are able to pack it out only to leave all their trash NEXT to the dumpsters!!!! I pulled up Saturday Night and the first two dumpsters where overflowing with bags all around them. The third............. EMPTY!!! WTF!???? Come on you bums!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
My wife and I travel our roads and trails once a month picking up trash so the property we travel doesn't end up gated. It sucks because you know these people just do not care. When spring hits we end up picking up a lot of gun shells on top of it. I agree with everyone of you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Sherlock
Yamaha YXZ Forums
YXZ Talk Forum is the largest online community for Yamaha YXZ 1000 fans. Discuss turbocharging, suspension, drive train, and more!
Full Forum Listing