Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into some issues that kept me from a meetup here in AZ, but I am going to do a trip down to Glamis over Thanksgiving.

Is anyone else going out there and want to hook up for a ride? I'll probably be in the washes around wash 10.

Will be leaving Phoenix (cousin and myself) and arriving Wed late afternoon/eve (24th). Ride for 25th and 26th and then see about leaving on the 27th or Sun the 28th.

The toy-hauler is gone, so this is a interesting trip. Throw the YXZ in a enclosed trailer and camp in it at night..

Those going - post up details, where you are camping, dates, and if you want to do a ride..

Jason
Sky Atmosphere Cloud Horizon Crowd

·
Registered
44 Posts
Name is Ricky. I'll be there. Two YXZs. I'm unsure the area we camp at exactly but you turn right at the entrance and half mile down off the main hwy/dirt hwy. Look for a DezertRatz Banner.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good - so far my cousin and I in my YXZ (blue/wht '16) and I think we do the washes. Drop a google pin or something and it would be good to connect!

I have a large orange KTM Racing flag I fly at the truck and camper. I would guess we are going for one of the washes..

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm on the road now and should arrive around 7pm tonight to setup camp.

I'll post up where we land..

Here's a pic before paddles. I'll have an AZ flag on my driver side whip.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm on the road now and should arrive around 7pm tonight to setup camp.

I'll post up where we land..

Here's a pic before paddles. I'll have an AZ flag on my driver side whip.

Where are you camping? I'll have a Blue Line Flag and Green Buggy Whip light and Skats. Last minute ride right now, installing light bars and pods in.... Arriving Friday noon
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We're in Wash 10 - arrived tonight and it's filling up.

Did a ride a broke a whip - so strange.. I'll have at least one whip with an AZ flag.

Here's our GPS pin drop of camppsite

32.978387,-115.048236

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Couple rips today, first was up by vendor row, the flats, olds, some small stuff before lunch. Grabbed a bite on vendor row and it's windy, last night was good but this am and day were horrible. Once you are out in the dunes it's not as bad though but still windy.

Second ride was out to olds, up to comp hill and ranger station and a reverse run of the drags and out towards china and back to the washes.

Lots of people, saw a 17 YXZ that had to have been turbo on scats ripping up areas of olds. Anyone hit me up if you want to go on a ride!

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's pretty crazy - haven't rolled the YXZ but I did an older RZR before. Saw a gnarly crash at the drags but my trip wasn't super eventful. Broke a lit whip (who knows how - it was dangling lit up..) and my radio antenna broke off and I had to do some JB weld magic.

I used last year's paddles and need to move to 30" scats. Running '19 gears on a tuned (but not turbo) '16 with 28" paddles. The 28" are 12 paddle about 3/4" tall and I could see a 9/10 paddle being best.

I'm in between some work things so I'm trying to do a trip then if it works out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rolled 5-6 times accordingly to my crew who saw it. My BUGGYWHIP brand whip survived untouched and lit up as normal. I'm glad I spent the $50 extra over the 5150 brand, not to mention how much WAY brighter it is. Even during the day.

You're not the only one that snaps whips just riding, some are made poorly. Guy in a Canam snapped a whip just going through whoops.

@JayMaharg I have 30" Scats EXTREME 10 paddle - staggered. They're awesome, especially duning, it just grips everywhere.

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Sky Tire Car Ecoregion Vehicle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts