Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2020 ss se with Gytr v1 turbo stage 2 alba tune. I have over 1500 miles with no problems runs like a champ.
the Gytr kit comes with a ecu and if you order from alba and get the stage 2 kit they will tune it for you and ship it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I finally made up my decision to turbocharge my 2017 instead of long travel. The suspension does amazing in the dunes and I feel that a turbo would be more beneficial. I have been doing a bit of research on different turbos from different companies. I am having trouble deciding which turbo go to with. DLP's stage 2 turbo looks great, GYTR looks like it's the best bang for your buck. My goal is to make it around 180-200 hp, with retaining as much reliability as possible. I bought this used and it came with a trinity stage 5 full exhaust and dynojet tuner. Will I have to pull the dynojet tuner out of the car? I am not sure how to proceed with tuning when I have tuner already hooked up.

I have quite a bit of questions but my main ones are how to proceed with the tuner I have currently, which kit do you guys think would be the best for a duning and desert application, and would I need to beef up my motor, clutch, transmission, etc. to make it ~190hp. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Easy enough to utilize your Power Commander for tuning, as long as it’s the true PC5, and not the smaller FC model. Also, bonus points if it’s a PTI unit, because otherwise you will need to pin a 3 bar map sensor in so that you can tune by boost.

If you go DLP then it might just be worth getting their tuning, and selling your Dynojet, as they probably aren’t going to knock much off the price, if any.

I did something similar when I bought their stage 3 kit, but literally only purchased the hot side, as I already had a liquid/air IC setup and a plenum. I also already had done a lot of tuning with the PC5, and had it, Autotune, and a Pod 300.

Anyways, both the GYTR and DLP kits you are looking at are great. Unless you’ve got particular reasons or goals though, it’s probably going to be the most cost effective just to run them as they come. Also, I hope your motor is built, or you’ll make 190 for all of about two minutes and then you’ll meet your cylinder #2 rod in person.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Anyways, both the GYTR and DLP kits you are looking at are great.
After a lot of research and back to back with Weller I decided to go with the Weller turbo. There is a lot of good things I've read about them on here and when I called them they ensured me I do not have to do rods or pistons if I run their kit with 6 pounds of boost. I know the DLP stage 2 kit puts out a lot more power and runs at 12 psi, I think this kit will be best suited for my needs and the fit and finish seems to be top notch.

·
Registered
166 Posts
After a lot of research and back to back with Weller I decided to go with the Weller turbo. There is a lot of good things I've read about them on here and when I called them they ensured me I do not have to do rods or pistons if I run their kit with 6 pounds of boost. I know the DLP stage 2 kit puts out a lot more power and runs at 12 psi, I think this kit will be best suited for my needs and the fit and finish seems to be top notch.
Don’t think you could wrong. A lot of Weller units out there.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts