Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Looks like a fun race. Not bad for not having much lights. Your car sounded sweet banging the gears on the road section.

Was that a hopped up XP1000 that was ahead of you? He was flying.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Love the shifting and sounds...

Awesome video... GREAT driver.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow those are epic races! Really cool to see the Yamaha going full bore!

That's what its meant to do, not putt around the rocks. It looks like he won the morning race.

What was he running? Is this rig a turbo?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wow those are epic races! Really cool to see the Yamaha going full bore!

That's what its meant to do, not putt around the rocks. It looks like he won the morning race.

What was he running? Is this rig a turbo?
I think he has a full Dasa exhaust and ecu tune I believe.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Looks like a fun race. Not bad for not having much lights. Your car sounded sweet banging the gears on the road section.

Was that a hopped up XP1000 that was ahead of you? He was flying.
Some place I read where he was battling with a couple Turbo xp cars in the night race, but he punctured a tire in the YXZ and had to take a DNF.
He did over all the morning race against those same Turbo cars , but I haven't heard if all of them finished that race either.
Does look like he was holding his own very well against a handful of Turbo cars. (5) turbos were entered

·
Registered
404 Posts
That was freaking sweet. Hate cheaters btw.

Just as I've said all along, exhaust, fuel & tune and you are right there with the turbos. I have to assume that turbo guys probably mod their vehicles too. Very competitive, which ALL of us already knew (although may not admit).

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Both video's are great for showing how capable this machine is. He was chasing guys down and picking them off. Certainly should get better with more seat time but overall awesome IMO. This thing is not a "pure sport" SxS, it's more like a pure racing SxS IMO.

·
Registered
753 Posts
This polaris rzr video makes the race look BORING compared to yxz vid.

All ... I noticed 3 yxz all lined up at the end of this video, not sure if all where racing or not?

Reactions: Rider414

·
Registered
126 Posts
I thought I would post a direct link to the video.

YXZ1000R - Full Dasa System with Programmer. Turn up the volume for this one.

Cool video, that YXZ was reeling them in on every straight away. Can't wait to see some of these with some engine mods to go with the pipe and fuel curve. Ported heads, cams, larger throttle body, injectors, these should be screaming at that point.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Agree vital, with it turbo'd there won't much competition though. I'm suspecting with a modified triple that is running 300+hp the unlimited class's will be all YXZ's. No point bringing a 200hp rubber band to a 300hp gear fight.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I think that was a Fox Edition xp1000. ?? I think

Anyhoo, as much as that camara bouncing around was fringin with me, I still like this video! Nothing like passing one right before the flag!

OOoops... Spoiler!

:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts