Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching for a GPS or tablet system for my old eyes, thought about the Adventure Pro, also the Megellan and a tablet, just seen the ad for the Rugged Tablet which is on sale and looks like is associated with Rugged radios, anyone have experience with it?

· Registered
1,232 Posts
I have had good use and performance from the Magellan trx7. Helps us navigate trails and backroads on the fly. Had it for about 3 years and has gotten splashed with water, mud, rain, and snow and wipe off and all good. Got a real god price from a marine online store for $431 at the time.
Speedometer Vehicle Lighting Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,151 Posts
The Adventure pro is a trx7 with an added program to interface with the YXZ. It's a very old Android platform. It works ok but is way behind current platforms.

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,151 Posts
Well I got a email my order was canceled, sold out😔
The price was right, but I would look for something more powerful like a tablet. The only reason I have an Aventure pro is for the YXZ interface app. I was also able to load Gaia on it.

· Registered
26 Posts
Let me throw my 2 cents in. All those large tablets are very nice but due to limited space my little phone has done quite well for me, for four years. onXmaps is what I use, and although I am electronic device challenged, I have found it easy to use. I have heard that some other competing systems are equally easy to use but that is the only one I have experience with, and it offers all the features I need, for thirty dollars a year. I use a Ram mount. The only complaint I have is that while running down the trail, it is difficult to tap the little screen if I want to change a setting. To much bouncing around.
Speedometer Gauge Flight instruments Tachometer Steering wheel
Hood Gauge Automotive design Audio equipment Gas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts