Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I know Im very excited to try mine after this is how my stock front diff ended up last weekend. I busted two teeth off a few weeks ago on a hill climb at rush offroad, took out the broken teeth, patched the case and ran it for the time being. Well this weekend i knew Jesse was adding their 4 spider carrier to my replacement diff so I wanted to see what a stock hurt diff would take. Ended up stripping out 11 teeth total from the spiders and 2 teeth from the side gears as well, wouldnt actually turn all 4 wheels in diff lock if it wasnt lined up properly. Needly to say i couldve painted a boat with the metallic flake that was my diff fluid. Weirdly enough I hear that running in diff lock is what busts the spider gears but both my diffs have broken in normal 4wd. Last one i was full throttle in 1st gear on a short steep rock climb and when I came back down on the front wheels i heard a pop and that was it. So dont think you may not need this upgrade if you never use diff lock. 1st diff that went i wasnt even in 4wd when it broke, front axle broke and then locked up briefly on pavement and shock loaded the gears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice! Who makes those three pin carriers? Would be great if spartan or lockright made a lunchbox locker that would fit in there.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts