Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anybody put a blow off valve on a gytr turbo kit with factory boost pressure...if so which blow off valve did you use?
Man the "yxz community" SUCKS, no freaking response for a simple question.. Anyway, Yea man I have the same turbo kit on my yxz. Im using a GFB diverter valve which recirculates the air. I decided to got that route just so I don't have to worry about dirt possibly going in. I mounted it from the charge pipe that goes from the turbo to intercooler & it recirculates into the aluminum coupler right after the Donaldson. A good vacuum source fro the BOV is right at the throttle bodies. If you look down at them you'll see a port with a plug on it just remove that plug & plum your BOV into that. If you want to vent to atmosphere just skip 1/2 the work & enjoy..

·
Registered
2019 YXZ1000R SS SE White
136 Posts
I'd looked into this myself for the upcoming install, that I hopefully eventually can get to someday lol. The plan was to use the TurboSmart Kompact Plumb back diverter with the largest 34mm fittings. It will require a bit of extra effort of course not being provisioned for in the standard GYTR kit, but I do like the idea of adding the hardware for turbo protection (especially if ever going to tune for higher boost). I also prefer the idea of the diverter as it is completely sealed from the outside world which I believe will help it survive (less maintenance, better longevity) in the crazy environmentals we usually are riding in (mud, dust, waters, freezing conditions, etc); plus I don't need the BOV sound.

Rob

·
Registered
2019 YXZ1000R SS SE White
136 Posts
I've also seen soem youtube that indicates with the recirculation setup, it helps keep the turbo spooled up.
In my opinion that is a myth of sorts, or at best one of those "anything is better than nothing" type of things, ultimately I'd not put too much into the "spool-up my turbo better" benefits of diverters. Diverters are just good to keep noise down, stay fully sealed (thus can be more reliable), and also help to not mess up the tune with certain engines with air meters (ie. Mass Air vs. Speed Density setups).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts