Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one put the gytr clutch in a sport shift? Do you have to have the ecu reprogrammed? Is there a different steel plates than the R models. I have read that you have to use 8 thicker steel plates to get it close to the correct height.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a great question I will be interested in as well!
I just took ownership of a 2020 YXZ1000R SS SE with sport shift. I am waiting on my turbo kit and GYTR clutch kit...

·
Registered
55 Posts
You have to order thicker steel’s and some additional frictions, my clutch engagement point did not change so I didn’t have to reprogram mine, it went right in and worked perfectly.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Has any one put the gytr clutch in a sport shift? Do you have to have the ecu reprogrammed? Is there a different steel plates than the R models. I have read that you have to use 8 thicker steel plates to get it close to the correct height.
I have the GYTR clutch kit in my 2019 ss running GYTR turbo at 9psi stage 2 tune. Works perfect. I have a ton of miles on it at the dunes and I beat it hard. I bought mine used one trip (guy totaled his z) so it had all the plates already. Uses 3 more plates than stock if I remember right

·
Registered
161 Posts
Forgot to say mine was bolt on no adjustment needed, worked perfectly

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is two numbers for the steel plates 2H7-16324-00-00 and 2H7-16325-00-00. I need to know how many of each. For a sport shift.

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is two numbers for the steel plates 2H7-16324-00-00 and 2H7-16325-00-00. I need to know how many of each. For a sport shift.
From the GYTR site: This kit requires a total of: 13 friction plates (5YU-16321-00-00) and 12 steel plates (2H7-16325-00-00), all sold separately. (Stock kit 10 friction plates)

Reactions: fortrdb

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just installed the GYTR clutch. It went great. Some things that I did a little different and was not mention in the instructions. I soaked the the disc for 48 hours and left them as oily as I could while installing. I noticed that when I took apart the the old clutch that the steel plates are a stamp steel that means that one side has a more beveled edge and they all faced in one direction an on the fiber disc there is a notch and spot of blue paint so I lined up those. When I started it up it idled prefect the engagement rpm was the same as the oem clutch. When torquing the clutch you want to get a holding tool to make it easier it is 76ftlbs I don't like to use a impact to the finale tightening. One other thing on the other bolts make sure that they are free from oil on the bolt and the area that they are going into that will change the torque and may strip out

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One other thing I did weight the old clutch and the new one the old clutch weighted 9.15 pounds and the GYTR weights 10 pounds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts