Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured id share some info i discovered whilst riding last weekend with some other yxzs. I was leading, put on roughly 65 miles before stopping for fuel. The yxz behind me was a 2016 yxz with 1800 miles, and i was in my 2019. Both were manuals. He took 5 gallons of gas on the nose, while i took 3.6. Huge difference in fuel economy...

Pretty impressed to see that big of a difference in fuel economy. We probably averaged 25 mph.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Driving style makes a difference in fiel economy too. My turbo YXZ does better on fuel than my brothers S/C’d YXZ , but my car only makes boost when needed and his is always making boost which uses more fuel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry. Wrote this post on the shitter @ work.

My car was the turbo. the 2019. The one that did better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lmao.. We're all adults here right? :)

I thought it was definitely interesting though. (not the bowel movement!) that the non turbo got so much less mileage. He was pretty close behind the entire trip. Definitely caught the attention of our group. We rode with several machines that were all 1000ccs. Rzrs, can-ams, etc.. None took less then then 4.5 except for mine. I think a big part of it, is having that extra power to be a gear taller everywhere, and not having to lay into it as hard to get it moving. Either that or the GYTR ecu is leaner then hell...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Figured id share some info i discovered whilst riding last weekend with some other yxzs. I was leading, put on roughly 65 miles before stopping for fuel. The yxz behind me was a 2016 yxz with 1800 miles, and i was in my 2019. Both were manuals. He took 5 gallons of gas on the nose, while i took 3.6. Huge difference in fuel economy...

Pretty impressed to see that big of a difference in fuel economy. We probably averaged 25 mph.
I am running a DLP stage 1 turbo in my 2019 yxz and same thing here super good milage. I have gotton up 27mpg at times.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My 2019 didn't seam to use any more fuel on the dunes after the GYTR turbo and tune. It uses about the same as my RS1 when traveling the same distance, maybe a hair more but that makes sense cause whoever is driving the YXZ is on it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 2019 GYTR turbo eats alot more fuel than when it was NA. I bet I eat at least twice as much fuel. I only run this car on the dunes. The dunes at little sahara, Utah are anything but flat and I'm always running some boost. More air requires more fuel!

·
Registered
124 Posts
My 2019 GYTR turbo eats alot more fuel than when it was NA. I bet I eat at least twice as much fuel. I only run this car on the dunes. The dunes at little sahara, Utah are anything but flat and I'm always running some boost. More air requires more fuel!
That's strange. I didn't notice much difference when I put the kit on. I run only dunes and I'm GYTR with Alba stage 2. When I fuel up my Z and my RS1 I would say the Z only uses 20% more than the stock RS1 which is expected since we are on the throttle on the Z the whole time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts