Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased from UTV headquarters a half windshield and rear shield. Now the cab is filled with exhaust fumes. I will have to remove the windshield because this is not a good thing. Anyone else experiencing this issue. Did I waste 350.00?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Purchased from UTV headquarters a half windshield and rear shield. Now the cab is filled with exhaust fumes. I will have to remove the windshield because this is not a good thing. Anyone else experiencing this issue. Did I waste 350.00?
i have the factory full windshield and the back window cover, i get a whiff once in a while -- but not bad at all.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Would probably be fine without the rear shield.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would probably be fine without the rear shield.
Had the same issue with the half windshield. Picked up the rear shield to correct the issue. No difference. I don't just get a whiff I get full on exhaust.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
That's odd...
I had a Maverick with a half windshield and never had that issue.
Short of removing everything Maybe have a bit of a downspout welded onto the exhaust tip to re-direct the flow?

Reactions: Butts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's odd...
I had a Maverick with a half windshield and never had that issue.
Short of removing everything Maybe have a bit of a downspout welded onto the exhaust tip to re-direct the flow?
I had a half windshield on my rzr with no issues. This is so bad I have removed the windshields and I'm chalking this up as a 350.00 loss

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I had a half windshield on my rzr with no issues. This is so bad I have removed the windshields and I'm chalking this up as a 350.00 loss
Sorry to hear this. I was thinking of getting a half windshield too....maybe I better not.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I bought a full windshield from Superatv.com and I have no problem at all. Maybe your not going fast enough. LOL

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you get the polycarbonate rear shield? I have the 1/2 front and have noticed some exhaust....I have purchased the soft rear because I thought it would seal better....haven't tried it yet.
You might try sealing some gaps in cab around roll bar...also...with my rhino, I would raise my 1/2 shield up off the hood to allow more air flow...though you may need to configure a center support.

I will report on fumes once my rear shield is installed...probably after New Years ogleby dunes trip.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Did you get the polycarbonate rear shield? I have the 1/2 front and have noticed some exhaust....I have purchased the soft rear because I thought it would seal better....haven't tried it yet.
You might try sealing some gaps in cab around roll bar...also...with my rhino, I would raise my 1/2 shield up off the hood to allow more air flow...though you may need to configure a center support.

I will report on fumes once my rear shield is installed...probably after New Years ogleby dunes trip.
I have the poly rear shield. This issue isn't sealing it but the vacume created by the front shield. I thought the by adding the rear shield I would correct the issue. My thought is I may need a rear " mesh" instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts