Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Is drawing more watts than your stator puts out hard on it? I understand you're tapping into your battery which won't last forever but is it shortening the life of your stator by pushing it to the max?

I like to play for short periods (10 minutes or less often) in mudhills or leading through the dunes or whatever where I want/need to turn all my lights on. I just want to make sure I'm not abusing my hardware. Abusing the Battery OK. Stator, not cool.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So nobody knows the answer?

We'll just incase anybody else is wondering this is what I found online and in talking to a crazy smart neighbor.

It's probably not a problem since there's no online buzz about burned out regulators/stators. If they were frying from all the overworking we're doing to them we'd be discussing it in forums like this.

The other answer was to check if they are hot. If they are super hot then their life is likely being shortened. I don't even know where the stator/regulator is on our cars or if it's accessible to note the temp. But if it was cool to the touch then it's probably zero impact.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I didn't think it would be a issue, they're rated to produce 650 watts and assumed this would be continuous. Your regulator/rectifier is on the frame right behind the right side headlight, looks typical with cooling fins. Your stator will be on the back of your engine under the roundish cover with the black plug in the center of it. If your drawing more juice than your making it will just drain your battery to the point of ~ 12v and the ECU will shut the machine down. The ECU is pretty voltage sensitive on these units.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts