Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best 5 or 4 point harness to use with stock seats? I want something that will also be comfortable to wear for hours. Getting ready to order a pair but not sure which to order. So far I like the assault industries and pro armor.

Has anyone ordered the gytr k&n style filter to replace the paper filter? If so where did you buy it I can't find anyone who has it in stock.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What's the best 5 or 4 point harness to use with stock seats? I want something that will also be comfortable to wear for hours. Getting ready to order a pair but not sure which to order. So far I like the assault industries and pro armor.

Has anyone ordered the gytr k&n style filter to replace the paper filter? If so where did you buy it I can't find anyone who has it in stock.
Hi LS7_John let me add some more options to think about :) but I don't have my yxz do to I want to see the blue one.

I have been thinking about the PRP 5.3×2 harness do to only 2" wide so no rubbing on my neck and the upper straps are NOT sewn into the lap belt so easy to get on and off but more metal strap links to connect when buckling up.

5.3x2 Harness - PRP Seats

Some guys like the PRP 4.2 models with the automotive style latch for ridding do to very easy to use plus with guest riders and kids.

4.2 Harness - PRP Seats

Enjoy your YXZ :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Go with the PRP harness they are comfortable and easy to adjust

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi LS7_John let me add some more options to think about :) but I don't have my yxz do to I want to see the blue one.

I have been thinking about the PRP 5.3×2 harness do to only 2" wide so no rubbing on my neck and the upper straps are NOT sewn into the lap belt so easy to get on and off but more metal strap links to connect when buckling up.

5.3x2 Harness - PRP Seats

Some guys like the PRP 4.2 models with the automotive style latch for ridding do to very easy to use plus with guest riders and kids.

4.2 Harness - PRP Seats

Enjoy your YXZ :D
Love my PRP 5.3x2 harnesses. They look clean all blacked out, are comfortable and adjust easy and smooth.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go with 5 point. The crotch strap keeps the lap belts from riding up too high when you tighten the shoulder straps. You want the lap belt to ride low on the hips so that if you go over you don't break a hip or damage an organ.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It doesn't come with a paper filter...

I actually ordered the GTYR filter before I got my machine... but she came with a very well oiled Foam filter in place. As a matter of fact, it looks to me like the GTYR foam filter is basically to let it breathe More. I left the OEM in place because I am a little more worried about dust than better breathing at this point.

·
Registered
589 Posts
It has 2 filters True520. Outer one is Foam and inner one is a flat oiled paper one. There is a GYTR foam outer replacement and also a gauze inner filter replacement. Although, the gauze inner filters are on backorder until Jan I was told.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
It has 2 filters True520. Outer one is Foam and inner one is a flat oiled paper one. There is a GYTR foam outer replacement and also a gauze inner filter replacement. Although, the gauze inner filters are on backorder until Jan I was told.
Well I'll be darn... I ordered up the GTYR filter expecting it to be a paper cone filter like in the xp1k car. When I popped it open and saw the foam one already in there I just buttoned it back up.

Is the GTYR for more air flow ? It looks more open than the OEM one it came with.

And as much oil as mine had on it, I don't see any dust ever getting to the paper one.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well I'll be darn... I ordered up the GTYR filter expecting it to be a paper cone filter like in the xp1k car. When I popped it open and saw the foam one already in there I just buttoned it back up.

Is the GTYR for more air flow ? It looks more open than the OEM one it came with.

And as much oil as mine had on it, I don't see any dust ever getting to the paper one.
That's the whole idea. Even the best air filter let's through some dust. The 2nd will only need to be changed very infrequently as it's just a catch all for the remaining .2% Yamaha doesn't want dusted motors unlike some others I know that frequently get dusted from bad designs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts