Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put 4 point harnesses in their YXZ utilizing the factory cage? I'm reading a lot saying that the rear bar is too high for mounting the shoulder straps. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this without buying something like the Dragonfire anchor kit that moves them downwards. I know the factory cage isn't ideal and should be replaced but for the time being I have to work with what I have. Thank you

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone put 4 point harnesses in their YXZ utilizing the factory cage? I'm reading a lot saying that the rear bar is too high for mounting the shoulder straps. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this without buying something like the Dragonfire anchor kit that moves them downwards. I know the factory cage isn't ideal and should be replaced but for the time being I have to work with what I have. Thank you

I‘m likely going to put the GYTR harnesses in mine w the Yamaha bracket that drops the mounting location on my ‘20. It’s pricey but I guess it’s about the easiest solution

·
Registered
260 Posts
I installed my GYTR harnesses with the stock rear bar.
It's not a perfect angle, but it sure feels more secure than the stock lap belt.
I'm just going to wait until a get a new cage and that problem resolves itself.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I installed PRP 3 inch harnesses. Yes one side is higher than the other, but I can't tell once they are snugged down. No complaints from the wife either.

·
Registered
13 Posts

2016, when with the Tusk 3 point... went in without any issues.. real easy to use and the two times we have really needed it ( on on side, other VERY fast stop after front bumper dug in on a very steep drop.... they worked great.
Yes, it would be better if I had fancy seats and the lower attachment bar, but for the investment and time.. and comfort, they are worth every penny

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the gytr harness mounts that I bought, won’t work on my after market cage I’ll let them go for cheap if any ones interested.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Simpson has a how to on the best install of all belts. Yes the stock cross bar is way to high.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the gytr harness mounts that I bought, won’t work on my after market cage I’ll let them go for cheap if any ones interested.
Where were you 2 months ago....lol
I'm sure you'll sell them, I had to order mine from a dealer in Oregon, my local dealer here in nor cal was able to locate them for me, but I still had to pay shipping.
Came to 225$
I'm on the fence now of getting a cage or just modifying the stock cage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made some brackets to lower the harness attachment points until I can build a new cage. It moved the the attachment points down to the top of the airbox access cover. Its welded to the cross bar and has a bolt thru the cage behind the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts

My understanding is the shoulder strap harnesses should be a little higher on your shoulder so your back doesn’t compress in a rollover or accident. A roll cage fabricator told me that.
My 4 pints are in the stock location with no problems at all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts