Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello team YXZ!

I have a 16 supercharged YXZ. I usually run 91 premium fuel. I heard someone at a shop say that it is better to run 87 Clear gas Ethanol free on UTV and ATV, dirtbikes ect... Is this facts?? has anyone run this? Any increased power?? someone spill some facts on this topic lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
The octane is kinda low but if it meets your engines needs

I do not put ethanol in anything but the on road cars and trucks. Ethanol goes to crap too quick.

I blend 100LL with REC90 to get a clean nonethanol fuel with 93 octane. Then 2 oz marvel mystery oil and 2 oz of Lucas top end lubrication/fuel injector cleaner in every 5 gallon can.

Do about 6 cans every other month and it seems to run as fresh in two months as the day it was bought.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here in AZ we have 91 ethanol-free. Which last longer because it dose not have the ethanol. The ethanol is like any alcohol base product it attracts water. Also when you jet any engine for any of the ethanol,methanol, alcohol you have to jet it way up to keep it from running lean which in turn makes it run hotter. The ethanol is an ok cleaner and makes the engine run a little hotter also the more ethanol the less fuel mileage you will get. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've run ethanol gas is everything I own from boats to quads and everything in between for probably 20 years now. People act like carbs never got clogged due to gas being left in them too long before ethanol. I'm here to tell you they did. I start my stuff once a month and have no problems with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts