Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many people have a crawlbox and what do you think? some people have put money down on the crawlbox and are still waiting for it months later. I just want to see if this guy is scamming people or it's real.

·
Registered
3 Posts
RE: I just want to see if this guy is scamming people or it's real.

I ordered one - I admit it's been a while, Reading great things about the group, including a recent article in UTV Mag - check out the link here - CRAWL FORCE YXZ1000R CRAWL BOX - UTV Action Magazine
I've talked with Ron Several times and the man really knows his stuff. (He's the one with the Videos in Utah).
Expecting mine will ship in a few days... with that being said - I WILL update when that happens.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Definitely not scamming people. Ron is a great guy. He has these made from scratch and all parts are machined under his eye and Chris Weismann. Worth the wait, just hard to do when there are so many components that need to be perfect

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
983 Posts
Guess what showed up yesterday!
It is going to be a bit before I install it. I am also going to change tranny gearing and install the Tubeworks alternator.
View attachment 120950
Just curious, why are you changing tranny gears? Did previously go low gears?

·
Registered
145 Posts
No, it has the stock 2020 gears in it.
I am going to change the middle gear (?) only in the tranny, and leave 1st as it is. That will give me a little more top end speed and a 1st gear somewhere between the early and late ratios.
With the crawlbox, I don't feel I need the lower gears I have now. Also, with the tracks on it, it needs the higher final drive speed.
Once it is done, it should be right where I want it. It will crawl good, and top speed should be right around 100 mph.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
983 Posts
If you have 2020 gears and a crawl why change anything in the transmission? What middle gear are you talking about? With a tune and larger tires, you should be able to do everything you want.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had a '16 before I got my '20. For a lot of my riding, I preferred the gearing of the '16. Also, with the tracks on the car, there is about a 30% gear reduction, and the car has plenty of power to pull the taller gear.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
983 Posts
So you are going to change the 2020 transmission output gears to 2016 gears?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2021 and the CRAWL BOX is AWESOME! I have the stock gears and it's working good. not sure about changing the gears since it was fine in stock gearing but now I have really low - slow rock crawling speeds and then push a button and back. LOVE IT!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts