Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking I'd just use a Cardo Packtalk Edge headset for music in my SXS. Anybody do this? Otherwise, I'd get a sound bar. I'm worried that maybe the headset wouldn't be loud enough,or maybe even that a soundbar wouldn't be loud enough to hear over the machine. Looking for opinions. Thx

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,180 Posts
Take the money and buy an intercom and car-to-car radio. Bluetooth the music into your helmet or headsets. It adds a whole new dimension to your riding being able to talk to your passenger and other riders around you while listening to music. Also, the rest of us don't have to listen to the blaring music that you are trying to drown out the sound of that sweet three-cylinder with!

· Registered
462 Posts
x5 on all that. dont blast your music and ruin it for others. rzrs are bad enough and we dont want non-offroaders getting pissed (the damn UTVs are loud enough as is)
i run PCI in all my cars and its the bees knees. crystal clear car to car communication which has saved myself and others countless times and i blast bluetooth directly into my helmet all day. quality is very good considering im doing 80 across the desert and can still hear every note and and the lyrics.

· Registered
63 Posts
I have a Wetsounds soundbar and SSV sub in mine and dont even turn it on anymore. It has to be so loud to hear over the engine/tranny noise, its about unbearable. Will be removing it all soon and ill just let the voices in my head sing to me.

· Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,180 Posts
Another added bonus of the intercom and car-to-car radio is its lighter and should use less power than a radio and amp.

· Registered
9 Posts
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I put a PCI radio and intercom in my YXZ. All my family and friends use PCI headsets with the little Yaesu walkie talkies. It's fantastic being able to talk to my passenger in a normal voice. Bluetooth to my phone is icing on the cake.
Take the money and buy an intercom and car-to-car radio. Bluetooth the music into your helmet or headsets. It adds a whole new dimension to your riding being able to talk to your passenger and other riders around you while listening to music. Also, the rest of us don't have to listen to the blaring music that you are trying to drown out the sound of that sweet three-cylinder with!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts