Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do to reports of heat in the cab I was thinking we could have a thread as to what we can do to help low it.

1 - Report problem to dealer and Yamaha complaints equal solutions.

2 - Add More Venting maybe in skid plate or sides ?

3 - Add Floor and Tunnel Heat Shields = Summit Racing Part Number: DEI-050503

4 - Boat 12v Electric in Line Bilge Air Blower = More air always helps lower temperatures.

Now the people that are lucky to own a yxz might be able to put up photo's so we all know what we have to work with to cool things down :D

What have you done with other SXS to help lower in cab temperatures or any product that you would recommenced ?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Reactions: Sandfreak

·
Registered
582 Posts
The tunnel is already insulated from stock and it is an issue for those of us that ride above 90 OAT or so that's why there are complaints. It doesn't heat the cab but it is too hot to rest your leg on tunnel in shorts or levis and that is the natural place to put your leg. I installed my Rekluse today and tired to figure out how to re route the air while in that very area, didn't come up many good ideas. It just funnels all the fan air right down the tube. I'm still thinking about a solution.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The tunnel is already insulated from stock and it is an issue for those of us that ride above 90 OAT or so that's why there are complaints. It doesn't heat the cab but it is too hot to rest your leg on tunnel in shorts or levis and that is the natural place to put your leg. I installed my Rekluse today and tired to figure out how to re route the air while in that very area, didn't come up many good ideas. It just funnels all the fan air right down the tube. I'm still thinking about a solution.
I live in Phoenix and was at Glamis yesterday in 100degree weather driving.... It's not yes, but manageable.... Most tunnels get hot

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
What is your first take on the Rekluse?

·
Registered
299 Posts
You said it was a non issue, it is an issue. It gets dam hot . All that heat is soaking the ECU as well.
It is a non issue. Park your ride in the middle of the sun or a hot trailer and it will see 130+ in temps. ECU will be fine. It is really not an issue. Rode in 100+ degree temps with no clouds or shade. So hot that i puked antifreeze out ofbthe machine. Did it get warm? Yes, was it a issue to say woah... We better stop riding... Nope... It's a non issue. Could you cool it down some, maybe.... But non something high on priority....

·
Registered
582 Posts
It is a non issue. Park your ride in the middle of the sun or a hot trailer and it will see 130+ in temps. ECU will be fine. It is really not an issue. Rode in 100+ degree temps with no clouds or shade. So hot that i puked antifreeze out ofbthe machine. Did it get warm? Yes, was it a issue to say woah... We better stop riding... Nope... It's a non issue. Could you cool it down some, maybe.... But non something high on priority....
Thanks for the education, being from phoenix myself and making my living maintaing very high performace equipment run on ecus, ill stick with what I know as fact.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks for the education, being from phoenix myself and making my living maintaing very high performace equipment run on ecus, ill stick with what I know as fact.
It's not a pissing match... So you work with stuff with electronics... I can sure you as FACT the heat under the tunnel is not affecting the ECU...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What works for one guy may not work for another do to cubic feet per minute of air flow with the variation of mph in terrain conditions it plays a big roll in this and maybe we can make the yxz better and more enjoyable in hotter weather :D

Hi McKay,

Is it cooler on the passenger side of the tunnel wall in the same spot or not ?

If it's only hot on the driver side tunnel the upper radiator coolant pipe looks to be routed very close to the tunnel wall ?

I see some factory heat shielding in the photo but a person could also wrap or cover the upper radiator coolant pipe if this is adding the extra heat source ?

FullSizeRendercool.jpg

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Ok after my first drive in 78 degree weather, I to notice the heat . Since there is a heat shield in the trans tunnel now, what about something to line the inside cab where our legs hit?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts