Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Depends on how you ride and what type of change you are looking for.

Just as many love the light ones as the heavy ones. That being said stock weigh being in the middle is probably best for many to just stick with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will
Depends on how you ride and what type of change you are looking for.

Just as many love the light ones as the heavy ones. That being said stock weigh being in the middle is probably best for many to just stick with.
I will be riding a lot of slow trails and will riding creek bottoms with rzrs wondering if anything will help with real slow and stopping and starts new to the yxz and thankful for any help

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would say that gear reduction would be your best bet for the slow riding. I have a 2019 and we ride the same as you are talking about. With the lower gearing on the 2019, I usually only have to stop and wait for some space when the Polaris do a slow hill climb, or on the rough / rocky stuff. I just give them a little room and there is no problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much
I would say that gear reduction would be your best bet for the slow riding. I have a 2019 and we ride the same as you are talking about. With the lower gearing on the 2019, I usually only have to stop and wait for some space when the Polaris do a slow hill climb, or on the rough / rocky stuff. I just give them a little room and there is no problem.
Thank you so much is the I think it's the 45 enough or would I need the 70 30 I have read that the 70 30 is alot between 1st and 2nd

·
Registered
292 Posts
A heavy flywheel will help with starts but of course not like gear reduction would. Maybe try the heavy flywheel as it will still help you now and then if you do gears later even with the lower gears if repetitive stops and starts are what you want to improve it will still be a advantage for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts