Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to join. I'm a man that likes to do his own work. I'm A.D.D. it can take me days to do anything, but I don't work so time doesn't matter. I bought the YXZ because I rode dirt bikes back in my younger days and like to ride hard. Shifting is the only way I'd ride. I'm disabled with 6 back surgeries so the yxz has a suspension I can deal with. Oh I bought a 2017 ss se with 208 miles and 17 hours great deal too! Just did my first service and it looks like the previous owner didn't rag on it. Oil was clean and filters were like new. I'm just now starting to open it up.so far it everything I hoped for. It was this or the Honda and so far I think I made t he right choice. Glad to be part of the group and hope to add posts as I get going here. I got 4 point harnesses GYTR air cleaners and some inside padding also mirrors. I'm in Michigan add may try a heavy flywheel before I think about a Tubeworks gear change. I'll be watching and posting Peace!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good to know Dozer. I'm just outside of Pinconning. Still haven't been up on any trails but planning to soon. I just purchased a trailer and between the 2 I'm plenty busy making them mine. Let me know where you ride. I'm J.R.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the forums and for sure the new YXZ! Wow I stumbled into the Michigan posts too lol. I was born in Flint and lived in MI for part of my life then moved to Montana. You all have any Koegels' Pickled Bologna. And I still know how to play Euchre hehe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forums and for sure the new YXZ! Wow I stumbled into the Michigan posts too lol. I was born in Flint and lived in MI for part of my life then moved to Montana. You all have any Koegels' Pickled Bologna. And I still know how to play Euchre hehe
Lots of both. I have the same machine as yours same color . For a while at least. I look forward to some videos. We plan to head west in the next couple of years so I'll be asking lots of questions. Good to know you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pinconning! Oh man the cheese they put out is the best ever! We had a Koegels on the Road truck come out last week, I loaded up on Bologna, Red Hots and they brought some Pinconning Cheese! A small slice of Michigan heaven in Montana lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pinconning! Oh man the cheese they put out is the best ever! We had a Koegels on the Road truck come out last week, I loaded up on Bologna, Red Hots and they brought some Pinconning Cheese! A small slice of Michigan heaven in Montana lol.
Yes sir awesome cheese and some of the best walleye fishing anywhere.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sounds all too familiar, i grew up in Farmington Hills Michigan, moved to California but just recently moved to Montana and now life does not get much better than this, riding everywhere and planning a quick ride over to Red Lodge this morning.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
How was the ride yesterday? Was curious if you ran into Fire Crews or any road closures?
Well i started that way but the rain turned me around. So went over Selms rd to Elbow creed rd and had lunch at Sam’s Tap Room in Red lodge today and no fire crews anywhere or closures that way at all. Hoping they get the Crooked creek fire out and the Pryor mountains open back up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts