Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Hoping someone can shed some light. 2017 yzx sport shift. Weller tune exhaust and block offs. It’s the only one I have rode or drove. I don’t know anyone else who has one so I can’t compare. But here is my question. The previous owner told me it had a gear reduction. He also told me a few other things I later realized he wasn’t truthful about. How can I tell if it actually has the gear reduction or not? It seems fine to me as is I’m just more curious if anything. I can run 4 maybe 5mph on flat ground just idling. I’m running 27” tires. Was maybe someone who has a 17 sport shift could maybe chime in on rpm with current gear or speed or something I can compare with how mine is. I see a lot of complaints how they don’t really want to run slow and climb and that’s currently all I have had a chance to do with mine.
Also I have a 400 acre motocross park here In east tenn called I-81 Motorsports Park and currently building a side by side track out front and full loop around the property if anyone wants to come check it out. Or even live close enough to come help me lay it out in exchange for a free place to ride? Maybe when it’s done we could host a side by side ride day and forum members get in free. We also have two round tracks. A 3/8 and a 1/2 mile we can run them on. Anyways if anyone is interested hit me up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st gear is really really low!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get that. I guess my issue is I have absolutely nothing to compare it to. I have never been in another one. What speed does a stock one redline at in first gear?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind. My dumbass just found the sticky thread of the speed chart and I swear I searched before making this. Someone can delete this garbage please.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I wouldn't call your post garbage. If no one ever repeated a question that has already been asked then the forums would be dead after a very short time. There are always new people joining and a question a person who has been here for years has seen a thousand times will be brand new to someone else. The search feature is a great thing for instant answers but it never hurts to revisit a question with new perspectives and people.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't call your post garbage. If no one ever repeated a question that has already been asked then the forums would be dead after a very short time. There are always new people joining and a question a person who has been here for years has seen a thousand times will be brand new to someone else. The search feature is a great thing for instant answers but it never hurts to revisit a question with new perspectives and people.
I do love this forum. I creeped and did research for over a year before I finally was able to buy one. Everytime id stick another hundred in my savings box I’d come back on here and read read read lol. I was planning to buy a new one but after I had about 16k saved up I lucked up and a guy brought this one down to the park and wanted to get out of his payments. He owed $8200 left on it so I followed him to the bank and paid it off. And spent the rest on an engagement ring. Probably should of spent it on upgrades 😁. Don’t tell her that though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is another reason I like this forum, this kind of positive reply. Some places and people are just so quick to go negative and forget that they too were once a new B.
Thank you for your reply and positive attitude...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol!!

Congrats on a smoking deal on your YXZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I like how all my buddy’s give me congratulations on the yxz but just say. “Cool” on the engagement lol 😂👍. I’m not sure which one makes me happier. They are both a blast to ride 😁. (Only I know the answer to that. And I will take it to me grave)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts