Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like it hung in there pretty well. Left side seemed to have a few more dips in it, wonder if that was a factor? Overall I'm impressed that it hung with the turbos

·
Registered
589 Posts
That's only a very small clip of a full video they'll be releasing. I'm sure they did many runs with different lines and drivers. They saying the full vid won't be out until Friday or Monday at latest.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think with a pipe and tune the Yamaha is much closer and might be able to edge them out, if it gets through the whoops better. Looking at that video the rear suspension looked a little stiff.

I would be more interesting to see them all run with the same paddle set up and see how it goes when they are all not spinning the bighorns. Looks like with the clutch dumped the Yamaha spun the crap out of the tires.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Not too damn bad in my book, and better than I expected. NA Yamaha with mild tuning will be running neck and neck with the other 2 turbo guys. With a turbo it's a whole nother picture.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The RZR in the middle had a fairly smooth path. The Maverick on the right hits some small whoops early on. Then just after that the YXZ get airborn through the acceleration bumps (big whoops).

Let them swap starting gates a few times. I'll bet both the YXZ and Maverick would improve their positions vs the RZR.

·
Registered
82 Posts
did you see all the comments from the pooplaris populous bashing the yxz,its like compairing an Shelby super snake to a mustang gt,same general car,only one is in a different category with the super charger,lets compare like vehicles and let the roosters of sand remove the pooplaris smerks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you just watched the 144 hp vs the 131 hp vs 112 hp and came away with any reaction other than a smile you are either new to the sport or have not been paying attention. Those that say it wasn't close must not run in the sand because, in the sand. 144 hp should sh*t on 112 hp, especially up hill. And that was not the case. This thing is a runner, and the platform is superior. Fit to be king when things are evened up!!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The RZR in the middle had a fairly smooth path. The Maverick on the right hits some small whoops early on. Then just after that the YXZ get airborn through the acceleration bumps (big whoops).

Let them swap starting gates a few times. I'll bet both the YXZ and Maverick would improve their positions vs the RZR.
The Maverick will look like that no matter the side. This early in the season the whoops are very small as not much riding going on and the wind fills them in pretty good.

The results should be similar no matter which starting position due to the early season conditions.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
That's awesome! YXZ didn't get a great start, and spun the tires a bit over the first whoops....but then the gap doesn't get bigger once everyone smooths out. Very impressive.....a full exhaust and tune WILL make a difference, and that will be another great test!

1 - 20 of 171 Posts