Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall! My name is Olivia, evryone calls me Livy! Im from mobile, al and i FINALLY got my yxz on sept 29th (was one of the first to get one here one the east coast) and have loved every second of it! I have been posting on the uxz addicts fb page and some of the ppl on there r jus starting to get rediculious with their comments when lol so someone recomended this forum to me. I ride alot of tight trails, mud, climbing (not alot of rocks but a hell of alot of washouts) and all of this is mostly in the woods! It has performed amazingly and i couldnt b happier, it did take some gettin used to with the clutch and the high first gear but after some practice its very simple. I am going to install the rekluse on it tho when it comes into my local dealer jus to keep it from stallin on some of the very tricky terrain. Unfortunately tho i did roll it two and a half times on friday jus palyin around in a grass field and hit a hole with the back tire causing it to go up on two wheels, i tried to steer into it and ride it out but i was goin to fast for it to reverse my screw up...i managed to come out of it with only a bad headache and a few bumps and bruises, i flipped the yxz back ovr and rocked out the rest of the night with no problems, it did destroy the plastics tho (my insurance company is gonna hate me lol) the way i see it all tho is go big or go home, the ride can b fixed and pain is only temporary!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is that "yall" or "all yall?"

:eek:

Welcome and thanks for testing and reporting on the strength of the roll cage! Glad you're okay!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Hello, and welcome! Keep it rubber side down from now on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome! I wonder if they will have replacement plastics out yet? Did your cage bend at all? Did the seat belt keep you in the seat or did you bounce around in the cab? Glad your OK!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cant get the plastics yet but i do have part numbers and prices for evrything but rear fenders and shocks, and so far the total is 2k $....and no the cage didnt evn get tweaked a little bit so that was awsome! And the seat belts woulda prolly worked amazingly...if we had em on....but we wer jus drivin 200yards back ovr to the group so we didnt put em on and i jus decided ta take a little donught detour on the way concidering its epic doin donughts in it and i jus happened to find the only damn hole in the whole field with my back tire and it was game on from there...we first slammed into the drivers side/door, then the roof/roll cage, then passenger side/door, then back to roof, back to driver side, then ended up landin on the passender side and we both ended up on top of each other and i was facing the back of the sidexside with my arm twisted backwards and was under the roof roll cage (my same arm also got rolled ovr both times on the drivers side) so needless to say i had abt 3 knots on my head and my arm was black and blue and is jus now startin to turn back to normal colors lol and my passenger was fine jus bruises cuz i think i cushioned her evry time lol but we flipped her back ovr i checked her out and saw that us and the ride we gonna live so we cranked it and kept rockin out

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cant get the plastics yet but i do have part numbers and prices for evrything but rear fenders and shocks, and so far the total is 2k $....and no the cage didnt evn get tweaked a little bit so that was awsome! And the seat belts woulda prolly worked amazingly...if we had em on....but we wer jus drivin 200yards back ovr to the group so we didnt put em on and i jus decided ta take a little donught detour on the way concidering its epic doin donughts in it and i jus happened to find the only damn hole in the whole field with my back tire and it was game on from there...we first slammed into the drivers side/door, then the roof/roll cage, then passenger side/door, then back to roof, back to driver side, then ended up landin on the passender side and we both ended up on top of each other and i was facing the back of the sidexside with my arm twisted backwards and was under the roof roll cage (my same arm also got rolled ovr both times on the drivers side) so needless to say i had abt 3 knots on my head and my arm was black and blue and is jus now startin to turn back to normal colors lol and my passenger was fine jus bruises cuz i think i cushioned her evry time lol but we flipped her back ovr i checked her out and saw that us and the ride we gonna live so we cranked it and kept rockin out
you are a bad nut

·
Registered
82 Posts
welcome from Canada,glad you weren't hurt,thats why I always wear helmet and seat belt never know when I will have a duh moment :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts