Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is what has been teased for so long? Looking forward to "other folks" testing this out. I've been hesitant to get a GYTR turbo for the 19 SS SE because of not being able to use the full potential of the turbo, if I so desired, down the road.

https://jteperformanceengineering.com/

I want this to be the answer to the high HP YXZ SS dilemma. Hope the price comes down eventually, just too much for me, with the rest of the costs involved of higher HP turbo builds. Looking forward to seeing how these perform in the dunes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't see anything there in the kit except to shove pressure plate into transmission. How does the transmission deal with that thrust ?

I see a thrust bearing in the kit but think that may be going between the pressure plate and their pneumatic solenoid but I wonder what they are doing to control thrust they are adding to the end of the entire clutch. The pressure must come from pressure plate end but certainly the transmission isn't going to withstand that pressure. Does the basket come off and thrust washer added ?.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is the real deal. I've known the inventor for a while. He has tested it for tons of hours on the sand at 200rwhp. He just tested the production model on the dyno at 435rwhp. John is meticulous and made sure this kit is right. Mine is being produced right now. This is the answer for high hp SS!

Reactions: Smokeat
1 - 3 of 3 Posts