Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
What do u know it can go into the woods n with speed, Oh n it can also climb too, Oh it can also go pretty good over nice size rocks too N ITS NOT THE DESERT OR SAND DUNES OH MY CAN THIS BE TRUE? I Cannot believe there r people that think this YXZ will be bad in tight trails ect. Lets see sxs's with cvt's in low say my wildcat will go around 35 to 38mph if I am not mistaken now The YXZ 1st gear I hear will go around 38mph with loads of torque. What the f**k is the difference in the woods, tight trails, ect ect? IF U DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE A MANUAL SHIFT DO NOT GET THE YXZ PLAIN N SIMPLE ! (GREAT VIDEO!) it was short but sweet. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
404 Posts
NO surprise here. This thing flat hauls the mail. Just did 200 miles on it today through the Tahoe national Forest. Tight trails, hauling butt. I still have to say though, its a bomber, not a crawler.

I tried to get video but the gopro rattled like crazy where it was mounted so I put it on my helmet. I was pretty disappointed when I looked at it tonight. All you can see is the roof and 10 feet in front of the car. Boooo

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also it did not finish in the top half of the field in the woods race. So even though many may think it looks fast in that video it is in fact slower than more than half the field.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm just laughing at your wording not requesting you to change the finishing order to make it look better.
I know what you were getting at. I dunno what other term I could use other than "it" as there was only one YXZ there. Driver does matter yes but it isn't like Tripp Pullen doesn't have plenty of experience competing in SRRS events.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not sure how you should compare to that non stock highly modified machine. The YXZ was a day old, no mods.
According to the SRRS boys the gearing is hurting it badly, so there probably will not be a way to ever compare it. It is simply not designed for this type of terrain.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I wouldn't put too much stock in what Trip says.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o48FPlJQh9w

Lmao at Trip
Tripp managed to take home a $10,000 check for winning the points race in the first SRRS season. He has held his own fine in competition. I have raced against these guys and seen them in action. Should we listen to a $10,000 winner or you? Where is your check for winning a series championship? Or ANY race?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Was Trip driving that one also??

Noway you can make any kind of comparison without equally matched drivers... And as a driver, well Trip loves his own self more than he is a good driver. I think he is a Tim Cameron wanna be..jmo
LOL ok from now on we will all try to find you videos where the YXZ is the winner only against perfectly equally matched machines and equally matched drivers who are clones of each other.

I think the problem is refusal to accept that the YXZ may not be the holy grail SxS king of everything.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok I can't take it any longer I have listened to all this crap as long as possible ....
1 this Mach was delivered the night before.
2 Tripp is Mario Andretti and had not drove it at all
3 he said himself he took it easy was a rental and there are no parts for it yet
I have did several races last one I did all big players was there Had only 100
Mi on my x limited and had not drove it for a month still got 10th put of 25 and there was a big straight away that killed my time because I had to run low entire time if I had a machined clutch where coup have went 50 in low instead of 40 prob would have got 5th or 6th.
This Mach was brand new. If you don't. Think it will
Break in and get faster the you have hit your head
It a Na motor give me a break. We have all sen the video of the tuned one smoking last years worcs series winner
These videos don't mean a thing.
I love in eastern ky I race motorcross for 25 years and I am fast
I have a Yota crawler
I am a very avid off roader in anything
The. Yxz with a tune and a exhaust with limiter removed will our run Everthing
A Xpt or mav will top out in the 80s
In a drag race it will be a close 3rd
Wih a turbo it will smoke them all
Xpt and mav can only do about 160 hp befour they start shedding belts
And I bet any amount of money if a Xpt or a mav will go there I can go there in my new Yama
Will it be as easy to drive ?? No. But that is what I want.
If I want to crawl I will drive my Yota.
Crawling is limited on other models as well not from gearing but ground clearence
And btw the race I ran I beat Tripp pretty soundly he was in a 4 seat mav turbo
He is a decent driver but no one could get a Mach the night befor that is not broke in and say he didn't go WFO and expect to do any better than he did.
Not knocking him but give me a break really. ??! Everyone is a internet Einstein
I can't wait to get mine mid the hell
Out of it and go have fun. Land vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Car Off-road vehicle

1 - 20 of 67 Posts