Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else installed this? Mine install was easy but the winch line is not lining up with the fairlead exit. Houser respond with this:

"Hey Scott,

Okay so I spoke with Jeff on this. He said that it could rub on the plastics a bit. He mentioned that they made a method to be able to mount and use a winch when there wasn't an available option. He told me to make sure the winch spool was coming out the bottom from the way the spool was wound. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Erin Houser"

The winch is wound correctly and coming from the bottom of the spool.
The winch line is not just rubbing, it has to drop below the plastic about and inch to exit the fairhead and I am afraid that when there is tension on the line it will try and straighten the line , pull down on the plastics farther than its flexibility and fracture the front plastics. With light tetion it would just rub a trench in the plastics. I hope it was not designed to do this.

Any thoughts?

Please help me to figure out a solution for this.?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
That's been a issue with that unit since the first one rolled out the door over two years ago, it was no secrete. I just can't image why it wouldn't have been reengineered for proper clearance. The bumper is built like a tank, but at the cost of your plastic, makes no sense to me.
Deal killer!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Looks like the fix would be to move the mount bracket lower to raise the bumper and fairlead to align with the cable, but then the light guards would be in the middle of the lights.
Looked good on paper!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts