Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 yxz and I'm currently doing research on turbos for it. I'm hoping to have it up and running by April.

Anyways, how much power can I expect to make on pump gas? I'm not looking to make a ton of power I just want to be able to keep up with my dad's Can-Am Maverick X3 that I believe is like 200hp to the crank? Being faster than him would be great but I'm just trying to close the gap.

I ride in the Oregon sand dunes. I think they have 92 or 93 octane at the pumps

· Registered
583 Posts
I have a 2018 yxz and I'm currently doing research on turbos for it. I'm hoping to have it up and running by April.

Anyways, how much power can I expect to make on pump gas? I'm not looking to make a ton of power I just want to be able to keep up with my dad's Can-Am Maverick X3 that I believe is like 200hp to the crank? Being faster than him would be great but I'm just trying to close the gap.

I have the Weller/RPM turbo and Weller built motor for high boost. I can run 91 pump gas up to 10 lbs boost, after that, it's high octane. I think it's about 160 hp to tires at 10psi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts