Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent test showed the can am xrs tapping out at 85 on the gps and the rzr turbo hitting the limiter at 80.

My yxz on stock tires would show 78 on the dash, but with an actual speed of 76 on the gps. With a set of 31s, it would touch 86 on the GPS on fifth.

Now realisitically, the canam and popo would also benefit from the slightly taller tire.

I feel like with a reflash to a 11k redline on 31s, it would have no problem running 100-110.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Maybe with a boosted motor, but I don't think there would be enough steam in the otherwise stock but reflashed engine to pull 100 mph.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
A recent test showed the can am xrs tapping out at 85 on the gps and the rzr turbo hitting the limiter at 80.

My yxz on stock tires would show 78 on the dash, but with an actual speed of 76 on the gps. With a set of 31s, it would touch 86 on the GPS on fifth.

Now realisitically, the canam and popo would also benefit from the slightly taller tire.

I feel like with a reflash to a 11k redline on 31s, it would have no problem running 100-110.
Have you had the speed limiter remove from your ECU ? Stock these will do about 91 mph with that done.

·
Registered
206 Posts
2017 SS/SE with K&T turbo....
Only 85 so far and wussed out at that point....LOL!
There was PLENTY more too go!
Give me a few more months.....

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
84 on the sand with stock tires aired down to 8psi

·
Registered
679 Posts
Back when the tranny was stock we'd hit the OEM rev limiter and needed more during a race! Had 28's on....yeeehaw,

·
Registered
867 Posts
I wonder if something is wrong with mine its all stock and the best I got out of her was 78 mph on a sandy/small stone trail... Felt like rev limiter kicked in at that speed,,, could not go any faster... Is that normal at that speed??? Hope to order the Weller full exhaust system and reflash soon... I am sure that will help big time...

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I wonder if something is wrong with mine its all stock and the best I got out of her was 78 mph on a sandy/small stone trail... Felt like rev limiter kicked in at that speed,,, could not go any faster... Is that normal at that speed??? Hope to order the Weller full exhaust system and reflash soon... I am sure that will help big time...
It has a speed limiter and will only do 78 till you have it reflashed.

Reactions: stevozzz

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Yes, rev limit is set to only 9500 in 5th gear. 10,500 in the other 4 gears.
Reflash it, and unleash the beast!

Reactions: stevozzz
1 - 20 of 41 Posts