Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sheesh, is that video shot hand held?....scary thought!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
98 MPH on the SPEEDO and on the street. All stock except flashed ecu with removed limiter and GYTR filters.
DAMN! You have a JATO strapped to that thing?

·
Registered
606 Posts
lol :highly_amused:
Lol, technically it was doing 115. Just not under its own power.

I was going to little Sahara and some semi kept trying to pass me and I was running about 85 already. If I let him around me I would have been slowed down to nothing on the next hill he couldn't make it up without downshifting 13 times. So I decided to put some distance between us. The old Armada had no problem pulling the YXZ at 115.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok, haven't posted in a while...but saw this and had to put my 2cents in:
2016 ss , 27" terrabites, weller exhaust and flash, bcf cage, simpson seats w/ dragonfire 5 points
chickened out at 96 w/passenger close to 11k rpm, no misses or valve floats.......was still pulling pretty hard...I'm figuring maybe 107, but that would be at about 12k rpm

·
Registered
48 Posts
98 mph with Weller tune and there dual exhaust on a long stretch of road and the temp light came on eventually but I also blew off my 2019 rear radiator cover and did not know it at the time so not sure if it contributed to getting warm..

·
Registered
1 Posts
GPS shows 99.2 mph on the rev limiter. I've got 29's and a turbo running 10 lbs of boost. Stock gearing. I'm afraid to open up the rev limiter for .8 mph but it would be cool to hit triple digits. I have a front tire out of balance too which makes it a little sketchy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Update: Yesterday evening I adjusted the rev limiter to 10750 and it allowed for a crazy 101 mph run! Shift light flashing all the way! I still don't like it so its going back to stock. I even contemplated reducing the rev limiter to 10250 or even 10000 as the turbos power peaks at a lower rpm than stock and I find myself naturally in the lower rpms. Am I being to safe? I still have shimmed buckets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A recent test showed the can am xrs tapping out at 85 on the gps and the rzr turbo hitting the limiter at 80.

My yxz on stock tires would show 78 on the dash, but with an actual speed of 76 on the gps. With a set of 31s, it would touch 86 on the GPS on fifth.

Now realisitically, the canam and popo would also benefit from the slightly taller tire.

I feel like with a reflash to a 11k redline on 31s, it would have no problem running 100-110.
80mph on a bone stock machine

21 - 40 of 41 Posts