Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've been bombarded with all of the negative posts with clutches that have failed....I'm interested in knowing how many units are out there with NO problems on their stock clutches, and how many miles you've gone on them. And have you done anything special with how your treat it?
Post up!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
95 miles on my buggy so far. No sign of issues. But I am gonna put a Rekluse in it!

·
Registered
404 Posts
You'd be better off tallying up the failures. It'll be 100:1

Nothing wrong with mine and I beat the snot out of it. Probably at 600 miles now.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'd be better off tallying up the failures. It'll be 100:1

Nothing wrong with mine and I beat the snot out of it. Probably at 600 miles now.
At least a little encouragement there!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have 1000 mies on it. 3/4 of that was pre running this months Baja 1000. Parts of the course are ridiculously rough. I did keep it under 6200 rpm for the first half of the pre run. But that doesn't mean i was babying it in the whoops. No problems at all until I was forced to stop on a steep hill. Then it seems like the tranny is 2 through 6 instead of 1 through 5.

Other than that the fun factor of this machine is off the hook. I'm thinking about putting on a turbo.

·
Registered
221 Posts
125 miles/9hrs...most of that in sand, no problems. I've got a Rekluse on hold at the dealership, but can't decide if I want to go that route. Will probably go with a turbo in a bit...thinking something like the Alba 6-spring kit would be a wiser investment??

·
Registered
126 Posts
110 miles 5.5 hrs trouble free except the steering wheel is a little off center.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
125 miles/9hrs...most of that in sand, no problems. I've got a Rekluse on hold at the dealership, but can't decide if I want to go that route. Will probably go with a turbo in a bit...thinking something like the Alba 6-spring kit would be a wiser investment??
Too bad they can't make the HD clutch kit to work WITH a Rekluse! Havin both would be sweet.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I felt right out of the box my clutch was not right. It went on my forth ride, less than a 100 miles on my yxz.
What were the hints ? Was it trying to slip? Or smelling ? Or...

I'm at 6 miles so I can't give any feed back. LoL
I do stall it a bunch trying to take off with out digging holes in the yard. LoL

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
500 miles of fun, no issues. Installed Rekluse at 400 miles -- works as advertised. Much easier to feather the clutch at low RPM with Rekluse -- the process feels much smoother.

·
Registered
329 Posts
186 miles, 22 hours. Mine gets driven pretty hard. East coast so a mixture of everything. There is no way to keep this thing clean :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts