Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RZR 1000 and it is very loud in the cab. The drone from that big twin is uncomfortable. Let me say though that I suffer from Tinitis (hearing problem) and I am very much more sensitive to loud noise than most. Even with ear plugs it gets to me.

I'm sure the RZR 1000 cab noise is acceptable to most, but for me a quiter cab would be much appreciated. Just wondering if anyone who has spent a little time in both yxz and rzr 1000 could compare the overall noise in cab. thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a RZR 1000 and it is very loud in the cab. The drone from that big twin is uncomfortable. Let me say though that I suffer from Tinitis (hearing problem) and I am very much more sensitive to loud noise than most. Even with ear plugs it gets to me

I'm sure the RZR 1000 cab noise is acceptable to most, but for me a quiter cab would be much appreciated. Just wondering if anyone who has spent a little time in both yxz and rzr 1000 could compare the overall noise in cab. thanks
Ive read past post claiming its pretty loud from the guys that drive it they said mainly driveline noise Some said u cant hear the passenger I have meneires disease in my ears with constant tinnitus my xpk dosent seem aweful im sure they r comparable

·
Registered
167 Posts
From what I've heard the YXZ is way higher pitched but no less loud. So it may come down to pitch vs decibels. Watch a couple YouTube videos of races where both are there and you can sure tell the RZR from the YXZ. There have been comparisons to rice burners and I tend to agree. If the noise remains an issue I'd invest in some good earphones and buy something along the lines of the Cardo Systems and use your own earphones instead of the shipped ones. What I plan to do.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Jared at Big Pine Sports (dealer) said he was surprised at how quiet the cab was compared to other machines, he has some videos out.
He attributed most of it to the quality factor of how the YXZ was manufactured.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've had to use ear plugs for 3000 miles in my Xp 1000, I have test driven a YXZ and can tell you they are quieter

·
Registered
36 Posts
I drove one the other day. I was amazed at how quit it was in stock form, like no other sxs I've been in. My wife was standing by the course and commented how quite it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts