Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 which has 4x110 wheel bolt pattern. No one makes 4x110 wheels anymore. I understand that the later year YXZ went to a 4x156, is this correct and if so what was the first year.
Is the 4x156 hub a straight swap. i.e. can you use all the 2016 rotor, caliper, axle stub,etc. and just change the hub?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Negative. It all has to go together. Axles are reusable. Everything else from the control arms out has to be swapped, including the knuckle. 2019 is the transition year.

·
Registered
242 Posts
There are a ton of 4x110 wheels still out there being made, but I get why you would want to run 4x156. I know if I keep my YXZ ill be at least getting adapters to run 4x156. usadapters makes nice onces that arent very thick for $150 a pair, there is also a seller on amazon that has 1" thick ones for $100 for the set

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am working on making billet steel hubs for 16-18 yxz1000 with 4x156 pcd. These will be a direct replacement using all oem hardware and brakes. There is a possibility of having dual pattern 4x156 and 4x137. I should have pricing early in the new year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
cussion Starter · #10 · 11 h ago

I have taken a while to get back on this project and decided to definitively document the parts required to fit 19 hubs to a 16-18 car.

parts needed,
4 x 19 hubs, these need to have 2.5mm machined off of back side where the seal runs.
4 x 19 rear brake rotors if running standard size brakes.

My 16 had Streamline oversize front rotors but I couldn't find any manufacturer who makes 270mm rotors to suit the 19 car so I had a local laser shop copy the Streamlines but with the
19 rotor pcd.
Wheel Automotive tire Black Rim Alloy wheel

Wheel Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part Vehicle brake

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Tread

2016 yxz1000r se gytr turbo, LQS revalved shocks, dual rate springs, Teixeira sway bar links and gusset kit,S&B seperator Fireball long travel Demon axles

SaveShare
Reply Quote

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, I have been on vacation. I decided to use 19 onwards hubs as they are cheap and only need minor machine work to suit 16-18 yxz's. The only issue I had was the oversize front brake rotor is not available for the 19 hub so I had to have some laser cut to suit. Other than that they fit up great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts