Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting less & less excited about buying one.

Not one in cab vid has got me excited. Matter fact, they are kinda lame.

They look slow, cumbersome, awkward, harsh riding and just plain not fun looking.

After reading ride reports I'm getting less & less thrilled by the minute.

Matter fact, the ONLY vid or info that had me excited was the orig 5 minute vid from Yamaha.

All the real world stuff thus far is just not impressing me at all.

Just sayin how I feel thus far :confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I guess I can understand your feeling that way. What were you expecting? Not really that many comparisons yet. Even if the YXZ is only on par with the others in the speed area, the quality/durability SHOULD be great! Yamaha has never left me with a bad taste in regards to their quality. I can't wait until there's some miles on the YXZ and then get some feedback.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yep, I'm the opposite. Everything I see real world is better and better. YXZ being compared to turbo's with no turbo. LOL that's awesome. When a bottled up N/A motor can hang with some turbo motors almost maxed out. The potential is outstanding and best platform ever to build off of. No one is gonna leave the YXZ completely stock for long.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just the opposite actually. Look at my sig line. Clearly, I do not mind giving things a shot.

Just sayin, thus far, I'm not impressed.

Maybe I'm just used to my SCU w built LS3 & S4 sequintel as well as real Fox shocks that were tuned in the Dez by Fox racing on 20" of true travel.

But....then again.....I love my Rhino!

So ya, just not impressed yet lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not saying I'm not gonna buy one to try out. Not at all. Just not going to be the 1st kid on the block w one.

Going to wait till I can get MSRP OTD. Soon as the newness wears off I'll grab one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just the opposite actually. Look at my sig line. Clearly, I do not mind giving things a shot.

Just sayin, thus far, I'm not impressed.

Maybe I'm just used to my SCU w built LS3 & S4 sequintel as well as real Fox shocks that were tuned in the Dez by Fox racing on 20" of true travel.

But....then again.....I love my Rhino!

So ya, just not impressed yet lol
That's like saying " I'm not impressed with the new Camaro. Maybe it's cause I'm used to driving my Hennessy tuned Lamborghini Diablo".... we'll of course your not going to be impressed.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Just the opposite for me OB, as usual I'm impressed with yamaha s innovation and engineering to this point.I'm just on the fence as to whether I need this much machine . I really want the articulation of the suspension but would settle for a regeared model on he same footprint .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I only watched yamaha's orig 5 min vid and never clicked any other vid or read anything on the interweb the YXZ would have been in my garage as we speak.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My Rhino impresses me
The more I see video's on the YXZ the more I like it n want it more. the shifting is awesome, the gearing sounds real good to me, the power with people luging up hills sounds good to me. Hell from what I saw so far there is nothing I do not like about it. Again I didn't drive it yet but from what I have been seeing so far it will be perfect for me.

U say that your rhino impresses u. So u do not think the YXZ isn't as impressive then ur Rhino. Are u serious? Hey its cool u have to do what u have to do. Don't buy one then its ur money not mine. Its all good have a great night.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I love this machine so far. I am a little concerned about the rumored tranny noise but there are ways around that. Besides I'm trying to reserve my final judgement until I at least drive or ride in one. I do think Yamaha should of had a demo ride tour to build the real world momentum as they become ready for delivery. Once I drove my Can-am Mav, that sealed the deal for me. Yamaha needs to step up and make these things available for testing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm mixed about what i'm seeing and reading online. I'm actually burned out on all the stuff i'm reading about this machine! Some things you just have to see in real life to appreciate and I'm hoping the YXZ is one of them!? This whole waiting till December thing sucks, although it's giving many of us lots of time to research the elusive YXZ. I think it was poor planning by Yamaha to make the whole world wait all year for this machine then unveil it in Sept BUT YOU CANT BUY ONE FOR ANOTHER 3-4 MONTHS???? SAY WHAT?? They should be keeping a steady stream of these coming into dealerships weekly! Also, wouldn't it of made more sense to release the Blue and Orange models first since they are the base models and then tease us with the arrival of the "Limited Edition", vintage Yellow model, just in time for Christmas?! WTF Yamaha?

·
Registered
43 Posts
i agree 100% waiting and wating and dealers charging as much as they can out the door do to limited supply. i'm burnt out. saw them at the sand show and love the YXZ. the season will be half over before december so i'm waiting til next year....really dispointed but with the rumors that yamaha will have a turbo next year along with a possible revised transmition and artic cats robby gordon machine i see no point in paying a premium. making the best with what i've got til next year...but hey, i did get the new aura whips from tribal!!! lol

I'm mixed about what i'm seeing and reading online. I'm actually burned out on all the stuff i'm reading about this machine! Some things you just have to see in real life to appreciate and I'm hoping the YXZ is one of them!? This whole waiting till December thing sucks, although it's giving many of us lots of time to research the elusive YXZ. I think it was poor planning by Yamaha to make the whole world wait all year for this machine then unveil it in Sept BUT YOU CANT BUY ONE FOR ANOTHER 3-4 MONTHS???? SAY WHAT?? They should be keeping a steady stream of these coming into dealerships weekly! Also, wouldn't it of made more sense to release the Blue and Orange models first since they are the base models and then tease us with the arrival of the "Limited Edition", vintage Yellow model, just in time for Christmas?! WTF Yamaha?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes I also hate to wait on this too. BUT I rather have them released to the public RIGHT n not just slapped together just to get them out faster like this other company I know n I will not mention Polaris oh sorry I just did. LOL Yamaha wants the customer to enjoy them, not to just bring them back because they were put together like shit. JMHO

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good of you to recognize whether or not it fits you before buying or even getting caught up in the hype. I think the yamaha is designed for a pretty specific rider. It will not be for everyone. I would not make too much out of in-cab videos though. I know I have watched video of sections I blasted through only to see it on a screen and it looked like I was cruising.

Honestly, for my own selfish needs, I hope a lot of the hype and luster wears off before December. I do want to see the Yamaha succeed obviously but the more I find out about it the more I know it is almost exactly what I want. Less hype might mean I have a better chance of getting one for a fair price! I am also not too thrilled with the idea of buying a first year model but I was hoping to get a new ride at some point next year and I am in place where I can afford it right now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't want to sound disrespectful to anyone, and this is not meant to be that whatsoever....but I'll add my perspective. So...as we sit here around the camp fire & I take a swig of Coors light..

I had one of the first Rhino's at the dunes (seriously). Many people in my dune "camp" had $100k long travel buggies at the time. I couldn't afford that. None of them were impressed with my Rhino, but my wife and I had an absolute blast on it.

Kids came along & the Rhino was bought back by Yamaha (cool story) and the sand quads were sold. It's a matter of perspective. Some of our dune partners had a lot of money & could afford the best of the best.....I couldn't. It's hard to like something you already own a better version of and can afford to fix no matter what happens to it.

Today...the kids are older and although we trail ride a lot, I want to be able to dune again.....that and have something that trail rides with the best of them.

We have an OLD Popo bus that is slow as molasses and is only held together by me wrenching on it. I want a machine that can do anything reliably and have power to spare to do anything we want. The Viking can't...and Popo is putting out crap. So...I guess this is our only hope if/when they put out a 4/5 seater of the YXZ. I've been waiting years for this machine.

Again, no insults intended.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's like saying " I'm not impressed with the new Camaro. Maybe it's cause I'm used to driving my Hennessy tuned Lamborghini Diablo".... we'll of course your not going to be impressed.
Ha, actually it's like saying I'm not impressed with the new camaro, but then again I have a 77 V6 vega with racing seats, a killer stereo and spinners.....PIMP!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts