Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gun ho on getting me a new yxz and suddenly something more than likely will make it not happen. As I sit here and watch it snow a total of 10" I told the wife I better get to plowing or we will not get out.
Thats when it hit me that the yxz is not going to be able to plow snow so that pretty much shuts the deal off. Damn it, I was excited to switch gears and all that neat stuff but I need it to also plow snow. In the country it can be a life saver.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Getting one to hook up Isn't the problem, Getting one that can cut fast enough would be. If it could be worked out though,
That DIXIE CHOPPER slogan "Fastest mower's in the world"could be put to the test
Thinking about one of those mower attachments. Anybody know of one that hooks right up?

·
Registered
40 Posts
For snow removal Just lock it in 4WD Turn L or R till full lockout and start cutting donuts up and down the driveway.
Look no more Snow! Now go get that YXZ and let everyone now you can have your cake and eat it too.
I was gun ho on getting me a new yxz and suddenly something more than likely will make it not happen. As I sit here and watch it snow a total of 10" I told the wife I better get to plowing or we will not get out.
Thats when it hit me that the yxz is not going to be able to plow snow so that pretty much shuts the deal off. Damn it, I was excited to switch gears and all that neat stuff but I need it to also plow snow. In the country it can be a life saver.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you're going to invest in a 20k machine and add options then you may want to just purchase a huskavarna (sp) riding snowblower...40" deck, and has options to be a mower and bulldozer as well....sure they cost up to 4 grand but if you want the YXZ, there's other options for your winter needs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
See its things like this though that justify people dropping $20k on a TOY.

You can take a $25k RZR T and snow plow with it, rock crawl, mud, dune, its got a bed for chores, and can technically haul a small trailer, you can hunt with it.

Granted a General or Wolverine does all those things better, but you can still fit the niche and now that 4k you spent on a snowblower setup can now justify an extra 4k towards a sxs.

It may look like I'm just whining, but there's no reason to have to compromise in this market. And especially at this price.

So you have a heavy duty suspension, drivetrain and as much ground clearance as a truck. So why shouldn't we expect to use them for work or trails again?

That's why Jeeps are pretty popular too. They can be used as daily drivers, take them for a topless cruise (the jeep or the girlfriend), they can be used for work, and you can use them for off-road fun too! Of course the complete lack of trails doesn't help thier cause here in the Midwest.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
See its things like this though that justify people dropping $20k on a TOY.

You can take a $25k RZR T and snow plow with it, rock crawl, mud, dune, its got a bed for chores, and can technically haul a small trailer, you can hunt with it.

Granted a General or Wolverine does all those things better, but you can still fit the niche and now that 4k you spent on a snowblower setup can now justify an extra 4k towards a sxs.

It may look like I'm just whining, but there's no reason to have to compromise in this market. And especially at this price.

So you have a heavy duty suspension, drivetrain and as much ground clearance as a truck. So why shouldn't we expect to use them for work or trails again?

That's why Jeeps are pretty popular too. They can be used as daily drivers, take them for a topless cruise (the jeep or the girlfriend), they can be used for work, and you can use them for off-road fun too! Of course the complete lack of trails doesn't help thier cause here in the Midwest.
I have 3 sxs's because I want to do different things, the "do-it-all" machine isn't my thing. To the same point I don't expect my RAM to corner like the GTR, nor do I expect the GTR to pull the toy hauler.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have 3 sxs's because I want to do different things, the "do-it-all" machine isn't my thing. To the same point I don't expect my RAM to corner like the GTR, nor do I expect the GTR to pull the toy hauler.
UTV's are taking over and no longer need to only be a jack of all trades. More and more people will start racing them and it will be just like quads. The guy that buys a 4x4 utility will not be not the same guy that buys a YFZ 450 or TRX 450. Buy what suits your needs. Honda is bringing a pure sport to the market that is gear driven with paddle shift from everything I have heard. The UTV race scene is going to explode in the next 5 years just like the 450 race quad scene did when Yamaha brought the YFZ 450 to the market.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its easy for people to start yacking about this and that about plowing snow. Most live in a desert where it don't snow so yes no concern but where I live it snows a foot or two in one night. Sometimes it does justify the cost when you can use one for more than one thing. Not bad mouthing the yams but that is where the down fall will come in certain ares of the country. If it don't plow or to be used for hunting or this and that then it pretty much is deemed useless.
I was hoping for something different than a razor because I have owned enough of them and wanted something fresh but it still looks like the Polaris is the way to go for us folks that want to do more than run up and down a hill with sand on it. But wait, I think I can also do that with my razor.:):):)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a SxS and a snowblower - Being in Syracuse I can get anything from 1 foot to 6 foot in a day - comes with living in this territory with 200+ inches of snow a year (not including this year - bad year) - My toys are just that - toys and my tools are also just that - tools....but hey to each their own...not telling you how to spend your money - only suggesting there are other options....The rzr, general and ranger are what you should be looking at...the YXZ unfortunately won't be the "do all" machine - however I wouldn't put it past some posters to fabricate their own snow throwers, or plows - heck even a mower - I for one would love to see the lawn cut at high rate of speed.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Okay now the YXZ is "useless" because it can't plow snow…wow. Would you plow snow with a Ferrari? I think not. And FTR you could plow snow with a YXZ but it would be like…like plowing snow with a Ferrari (with the Ferrari of SXSs anyway).

·
Registered
49 Posts
The YXZ is a racing toy that is probably a ton of fun - I got to finally sit in one today and must say the cabin was nice and tight...I loved the seats, how close the steering wheel was to me and shifter in a pretty nice location....The plastics were much thicker than I thought and everything on the machine was wicked solid...as it was another customers machine I didnt' get to test fly the little rocket but must say it can grow on your "i love it" list....Don't like the bumblebee colors but the blue/white was really nice - the orange sorta grows on ya....still unsure if it would fit in my 7x14 enclosed trailer but do know it's a good looking monster machine, that has zerks in the bushing areas which is a plus for a guy who just sold his AC product that had no zerks and plenty of bushings to change out. Right out of the crate it looked ready to WOT and create many smile memories....Haven't seen any around the CNY area but the one that finally came into local dealer was sold before it was shipped...I asked about orange and don't think they can get one - january is a blue one coming in so I might try other dealers as pricing is still a little high side of 20k+

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had a SxS and a snowblower - Being in Syracuse I can get anything from 1 foot to 6 foot in a day - comes with living in this territory with 200+ inches of snow a year (not including this year - bad year) - My toys are just that - toys and my tools are also just that - tools....but hey to each their own...not telling you how to spend your money - only suggesting there are other options....The rzr, general and ranger are what you should be looking at...the YXZ unfortunately won't be the "do all" machine - however I wouldn't put it past some posters to fabricate their own snow throwers, or plows - heck even a mower - I for one would love to see the lawn cut at high rate of speed.
Being from Montana my wife's first car was a 1978 4 door Honda Accord that had a custom front bumper with Plow attachment. Best $800.00 ever spent.. if you need something done and have some tools and imagination you can make anything.. that being said i imagine plowing snow at 60 MPH.. that's a good time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I get a kick out of all this plowing snow with a Ferrari and plowing snow at 60 mph when deep down you know it going to plow shit when it don't even have low range and if you new anything about it you would know that a clutch in a side by side wouldn't cut it either. If you read some prior posts and threads some have torn the clutch out just driving on dry flat ground. Guys I don't need an argument. I was just stating that this buggy is not going to be in my garage because of the obvious. Definatly deemed useless in snow country. I guess I could move to California so I could own one but I don't see that happening.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts