Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Money...I know...but what I am gonna have to do to this thing to squeeze 200+ RWHP out of this liter. Mine is gonna be a dune runner....and I want my rearward facing GoPro watching the Warlocks.....I just wanna go Big right outta the gate. What can we do while still keeping the long block stock?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Speak with DASA.. they already built one that's running +225 whp at 15 PSI.. They are now setting it up to run 20PSI and holy cow no telling what whp that'll be probably 270+.

For high boost it'll need head shim at the least and better yet.. lower compression pistons.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All in good fun here....just looking to stir the pot and get people thinking of those that want North of 200. I wan't my buggy to haul ass. 300hp sleds....what we gotta do to these to get it....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I would start chatting with any of the turbo builders and have them put together a package for you. I dont think it will be too hard to get what you are asking for.

Matt

·
Registered
971 Posts
To see what can be done with the APEX engine -- In this case the sled 4 cylinder engine transplanted into a RzR -- As done by OSP .. Tuneup Run:

World Record Setting Run:

Estimated HP at the crank = 600.

Now to see what this YXZ 3 cylinder APEX engine can do !!

Yea -- FUN Times Ahead .. .. .. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Rods/pistons and any good turbo kit and you should make that without breaking a sweat. If you were to do the RPM turbo kit I would do the upgraded turbo with billet wheel and optional external wastegate! You should be making upper 200s at the wheels with 15-16psi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts