Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Your dealer loves you. You are providing job security for them and they are not doing you any favors. Do they think your experiences are normal? If you still have the machine when this clutch goes up in smoke, and you aren’t willing to go with reduction or oil mod, at the very least have them yank the rekluse auto clutch and install the rekluse torqdrive. You will then learn to drive it or you will stall it.

Reactions: Moses439

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Your dealer loves you. You are providing job security for them and they are not doing you any favors. Do they think your experiences are normal? If you still have the machine when this clutch goes up in smoke, and you aren’t willing to go with reduction or oil mod, at the very least have them yank the rekluse auto clutch and install the rekluse torqdrive. You will then learn to drive it or you will stall it.
I wasn't having any issues stalling it before the recluse was put in. The recluse was the solution for it to not burn out the 2nd clutch. The dealer said the machine is not popular due to its issues and they will not be able to keep it going they don't think it's worth putting any more money into it. They never mentioned the oil mod because I would of just put it in when they did the clutch on 8/20/2019. I definitely would have spent the money on it if they would have told me to. They also never mentioned the gear reduction basically they don't want to touch this machine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wow. That dealer has led you down a dead end road, then raped and robbed you blind. You can not possibly put all the blame on Yamaha for this. They obviously do not know what they are telling you so they definitely don’t know what the hell they are doing when working on it. You need to find somebody else to pull wrenches and make that machine right or sell it. After you find a trustworthy shop, you will have zero regrets besides dealing with these initial clowns. They are essentially stealing from you. You get a different clutch and/or reduction and it’ll be all smiles. Then I’d go chuck your old clutch through their front window.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well the dealer will never mention the clutch mod since its not a part that can be ordered out of a catalog so that does make some sense but the fact theyve never mentioned the gear reduction is ridiculous.

Find another shop, they probably want you to trade it in since theyll get a great deal on it since its "broken" and then sell it for a profit and the new machine they put you in, making a ton off of you three times.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Wow. That dealer has led you down a dead end road, then raped and robbed you blind. You can not possibly put all the blame on Yamaha for this. They obviously do not know what they are telling you so they definitely don’t know what the hell they are doing when working on it. You need to find somebody else to pull wrenches and make that machine right or sell it. After you find a trustworthy shop, you will have zero regrets besides dealing with these initial clowns. They are essentially stealing from you. You get a different clutch and/or reduction and it’ll be all smiles. Then I’d go chuck your old clutch through their front window.
I don't believe the dealer is being deceitful, they know I would have done any modification needed. I think they are taking a risk and being honest with me.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think they are taking a risk and being honest with me.
Is anyone else finding this humorous? The dealer sells you a machine with a dead battery among other issues, installs equipment which immediately fails again, doesn't provide accurate information and Yamaha is to blame for a broken winch cable. At first, I felt sorry for you.... now I think you should definitely trade it in a pennies on the dollar and buy the next machine from your favorite dealer and get on with your life. I have over 12K miles between my two machines with all kinds of experience level operating my guest machine. No issues with clutches to date.

Reactions: Tweener

·
Registered
217 Posts
The dealer or the mechanic obviously doesn't think it's a gearing issue. The clutch is burning up at high RPM ie first gear up hill when under load.
You are the dealers favorite customer at this point. The only way the clutch is burning up in this way is your foot is resting on the pedal, the recluse they installed isnt adjusted properly, or youre going so slow the recluse is just slipping the whole time to keep you from stalling.

If you want to keep wasting money keep trusting the dealer because someone youre paying always has your best interests in mind, I wonder if i can call that prince back who needed money and promised lots of gold in return....

Reactions: Zilla

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
2016 with tubeworks oil mod kit installed at 1500 miles and used original stock clutch as friction plates still looked great. Just took that original clutch out at just under 6000 miles and still has plenty of wear on it, got a little warm from some color but was still ok and worked fine, changed out with new fiction and steel plates and changed the three smaller plates with full size and eliminated jutter spring. Clutch now grabs even better. At the rate of first clutch i don’t kmow when i will ever have to replace again due to normal wear.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just adding my support for the YXZ.., bought my 3 pedal 3 years ago this month. Ran it stock for 5 months with no problems. Added a RPM/Weller turbo kit after only 5 months of owning it and ran it a full dune season on stock clutch and motor with NO problems at all!! Now the motor is built for high boost and has the HD Barnett clutch and TW oil mod that turn some big aggressive paddles in the soft Glamis sand with NO problems at all! I guess I just got lucky and got one with a good clutch.... or more likely I know how to operate a 3 pedal. I have a half dozen friends all with 3 pedals that have ZERO clutch problems.... we all love our cars and feel they are the best option out there for our kind of riding!!
YXZ strong!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SE SS
339 Posts
Just adding my support for the YXZ.., bought my 3 pedal 3 years ago this month. Ran it stock for 5 months with no problems. Added a RPM/Weller turbo kit after only 5 months of owning it and ran it a full dune season on stock clutch and motor with NO problems at all!! Now the motor is built for high boost and has the HD Barnett clutch and TW oil mod that turn some big aggressive paddles in the soft Glamis sand with NO problems at all! I guess I just got lucky and got one with a good clutch.... or more likely I know how to operate a 3 pedal. I have a half dozen friends all with 3 pedals that have ZERO clutch problems.... we all love our cars and feel they are the best option out there for our kind of riding!!
YXZ strong!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iShift

I'm sure most everyone drives their cars hard. If there was an inherent problem with the YZX, they would all be failing.
It seems to be owner error. Maybe they are using transmission oil with molybdenum sulfide or some other modifier.
Maybe driver error (nobody wants to hear that). The issue I've seen, is people not picking a line and then not committing.
I have a 2 pedal, but drive it like it is a 3 pedal. I don't let it ratchet the clutch.
Get in the right gear and stand on it.

I have bigger tires. Don Julio and I will mash that throttle. We do not baby that car through the desert. 100 degrees, etc.
Never had a problem. Engine or tranny.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I feel like this post is a trolling post, attempting to sway people to another brand.
I feel like this post is a trolling post, attempting to sway people to another brand.
I know this is a old post but you hit it right on the head. My buddy has a talon he brought me to work on it so I was browsing the talon forum for Information and found an almost exact post like this. But instead of the the yxz it was the talon. Almost the exact same “polite” replies. The guy went through 3 talon trans in like 500 miles. Just a troll account.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I drive the crap out of my yxz, has tubeworks oil mod only and stock clutching and never burned up a clutch in over 6000 miles. The yxz is not a crawling machine unless regeared and then it’s a beast for that too. Would not trade my yxz for a belt drive.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts