• Honda Pioneer 1000

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Yamaha waited another year before releasing the YXZ what else would you buy? Be sure to vote in the poll!

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I don't own one yet and wouldn't consider any other brand! This will be my first sis. I hope I am not disappointed !

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I don't own one yet and wouldn't consider any other brand! This will be my first sxs. I hope I am not disappointed !

·
Registered
6 Posts
I plan to run my 900xp into the ground before I even consider a new sport sxs. That being said, I would like to check out the new Honda pioneer 1000-5 as a replacement for my Ranger 900

·
Registered
677 Posts
I agree I also have been on the wolverine site n for the 1st year out Yamaha did a great job on them, The complaints on them r very very low in fact I know of only 1 n that was one that overheats. Other then that the wolverine has been great! n again its their 1st year out. Quality goes a long way n Yamaha has it for sure. Someone said on this forum 1st year built for Yamaha is like a 3rd year build for anyone else. I agree with that 100% Yamaha's were always great to me the only problems that I had with them were self inflicted. I cant wait for this Yamaha to come out even if it was coming out tomorrow its to long of a wait! All the other companies can kiss my ***.

·
Registered
753 Posts
NONE is not on poll.

I've had multiple rzr's... DONE with those... can't see me ever buying rzr again. We like to dune, so I got turbo Maverick now, but it's only 3wd so it's awful for rock crawling and belt is always a ticking bomb, 1st belt failure at <150 miles.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't own one yet and wouldn't consider any other brand! This will be my first sis. I hope I am not disappointed !
Same here! I've ridden in a few, but wouldn't buy any other brand. I'm making a list of what to sell so I can buy one if it lives up to the hype.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have yet to pull the trigger on a sxs. I ride a 2013 Raptor 700R. Great quad! Should have skipped the quad and bought a sxs. I'm 40 in a couple days and this quad shit hurts anymore! I've driven an xp 4 1000 and an xp 4 800. XP 4 1000 is fast and handles the desert great! What a blast to ride. The 800 is a little under powered for the dunes, but kinda adequate for the desert. I've always been a Yamaha guy so I have high hopes for a 4-seater sport sxs from them. I'd consider a new xp 4 900 but only 75 hp? I gotta try one out at camp RZR in October. Hopefully Yamaha convinces me that they are the only way! Can't wait till next Tuesday!

·
Registered
194 Posts
If Yamaha didn't release the Banshee/YXZ foranother year or so and I were going to purchase another SxS really soon ( Which I'm not likely to) I'd go with the Can Am Maverick Turbo or NA Mav... Although if the Wolverine had a little more travel and power, I'd certainly consider it. The only reason I picked the Mav is I like the interior layout (Rzr just feels so cheap and an after thought to me) and my Commander has been good to me.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I have yet to pull the trigger on a sxs. I ride a 2013 Raptor 700R. Great quad! Should have skipped the quad and bought a sxs. I'm 40 in a couple days and this quad shit hurts anymore! I've driven an xp 4 1000 and an xp 4 800. XP 4 1000 is fast and handles the desert great! What a blast to ride. The 800 is a little under powered for the dunes, but kinda adequate for the desert. I've always been a Yamaha guy so I have high hopes for a 4-seater sport sxs from them. I'd consider a new xp 4 900 but only 75 hp? I gotta try one out at camp RZR in October. Hopefully Yamaha convinces me that they are the only way! Can't wait till next Tuesday!
I rode a Yamaha raptor 700 until I was 50, then I moved into a Kawi Teryx. Now I have a Mav. Once you move into a SxS you wont look back. My first SxS wasn't a
sport model and it needed a ton of upgrades to give me the thrill factor. But it was still fun enough that I had to sell my quad because I didn't ride it anymore.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have owned (and enjoyed) a 570, 800, 800S, xp900, and the 107 horse xp1k. Plus a summer romance with a Wildcat too! LoL

If not for this new Yamaha coming out, I would definitely try out the new xds maverick. Probably go ahead and pick up their Turbo model too.

Some of that decision is simply based on me not owning a maverick before.

But the biggest reason I have been looking at a Turbo Maverick is Fun factor per dollars spent.
If you search really hard right now you can pick up a Turbo Maverick for around 19k. I seriously doubt you will ever be able to buy a new xp1kT for under 21,900.

Of course, if the Yamaha comes out in the 22 to 25 range, I will still go with a Turbo xds. But right now, I am definitely waiting to see what shakes loose between now and next race season.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I voted for Wildcat X but i would not buy the current model Wildcat X, I would be willing to wait for the one they showed in the teaser video.

The new wildcat turbo X supercharged motor blah blah whatever they are calling it, the one Robby Gordon is working on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I almost went Can-Am, prior to the XP1K, but it seems they all have belt and clutch issues. Really looking forward to the Yamaha non CVT.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm going to flog a Maverick Turbo up Pikes Peak in 2016. So far I'm really happy with the build quality in stock form. It will be interesting to see how it holds up when I start pushing it hard and modifying everything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts