Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
362 Posts
No, no you don't.... full time I work cybersecurity. Part-time I'm a gunsmith. So when the good idea fairy drops in with some new mod it means I'm supposed to be working on something else.

Its become a bit of an issue for customers to stop by and I'm machining some new part for SWMBO's SxS and not chambering someone's barrel.

The otherside of that is i now have one of SWMBO's friends YXZ in the shop for a new cage and full "makeover". About 250 labor hours total, all of which are gratis. Yep, gonna be busy.

Nate

Reactions: 501Lineman

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No, no you don't.... full time I work cybersecurity. Part-time I'm a gunsmith. So when the good idea fairy drops in with some new mod it means I'm supposed to be working on something else.

Its become a bit of an issue for customers to stop by and I'm machining some new part for SWMBO's SxS and not chambering someone's barrel.

The otherside of that is i now have one of SWMBO's friends YXZ in the shop for a new cage and full "makeover". About 250 labor hours total, all of which are gratis. Yep, gonna be busy.

Nate
Dang I wish I was your neighbor.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Nate
And, lemme guess, it was your wife’s idea?

·
Administrator
2018 YXZ SE, CageWRX cage, 2019 Gears, Rekluse Clutch, Heavyweight Flywheel, RR Intercom & Radio
362 Posts
And, lemme guess, it was your wife’s idea?
As it says in my signature "I'm just the crewchief". I don't drive. Its her machine, I just enjoy the tinkering.
Jeans Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

This is her on a typical weekend.

I do get asked why I don't drive. Its not that I don't find it fun, I'm just a bit jaded I guess. I've flown fixed wing, rotary wing, been a door gunner and helicopter mechanic. Became a tank commander. I have driven and worked on every wheeled and tracked vehicle in the Army inventory between 1984 - 2006. So to me, its just another off road vehicle. I'd much rather ride than drive.

So, yeah, it was her idea. And she's also the one who paid for it, so, yup, its hers alright.

LOL

Nate

·
Registered
103 Posts
As it says in my signature "I'm just the crewchief". I don't drive. Its her machine, I just enjoy the tinkering. View attachment 119652

This is her on a typical weekend.

I do get asked why I don't drive. Its not that I don't find it fun, I'm just a bit jaded I guess. I've flown fixed wing, rotary wing, been a door gunner and helicopter mechanic. Became a tank commander. I have driven and worked on every wheeled and tracked vehicle in the Army inventory between 1984 - 2006. So to me, its just another off road vehicle. I'd much rather ride than drive.

So, yeah, it was her idea. And she's also the one who paid for it, so, yup, its hers alright.

LOL

Nate
No, I meant your current project that belongs to your wife’s friend, being your wife’s idea.

My wife gives away my time like that quite frequently. I don’t mind too much though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the "factory" Yamaha add-on alternator a couple of years ago when I put in a pumper and race radio, but I have found that I don't need it (don't ride at night much at all, and no stereo), I opened the box (stupid), but all parts are there. I think I paid $600 but will sell it for $300 to get it out of the shop since I am not going to use it. It is for a 2016, don't know the years it covers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Def better battery, alternator or 2nd battery.

I have total 30A in light bars pods, buggy whip, rock lights, with the headlights, all on after 3 hrsish... I did see voltage go from 13.9/14.1 to 12.9/12.7...

I think in my future battery isolator with solar tender for all aftermarket accessories. I'll get around to it...

I really do think a wired stereo will draw a lot of power 🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
17 SS se, 30” Chicanes mounted STI HD5’s, Graves Ti exhaust and tune with air box spacer and more.
70 Posts
I'm wanting to add a winch, stereo system and some lights. I was told that I would need to add an extra battery and maybe an alternator. I'm just curious what I can add with it stock? I definitely don't want to mess anything up.
I have a stage 5 Rockford Fosgate system with a 1000 watt amp, Baja Designs lights, dual lighted whips and a 5k Badlands winch. No second battery no alternator kit! But the battery I am running is a deep cycle marine battery that was almost $500. 2017 SS se
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

·
Administrator
362 Posts
No, I meant your current project that belongs to your wife’s friend, being your wife’s idea.

My wife gives away my time like that quite frequently. I don’t mind too much though.
Sorry, been away for a few days..

Yep. Spot on.... / sigh /.....

21 - 37 of 37 Posts