Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm down at the dealership last Saturday morning to buy oil and a filter for my 2014 VMax when I saw the new YXZ near the front door. The yellow and black caught my eye as one of my favorite motorcycles I ever owned was my 85 RZ 350 Kenny Roberts replica. I had been poking around it for a minute or two when a salesman walked up and asked if I had any questions. I asked how much it was and if they had any more in stock. He said they had already sold the ten they had deposits on and this was their demo unit. I asked if they were getting anymore yellow SE's and he said no. Well, one thing leads to another and the next thing I know I'm going home to get the trailer with a $24,000 hole in my wallet. I was back in about an hour and picked up the demo unit. Stopped by the house to grab some riding gear and headed out to the desert for a couple of hours. What a fantastic machine! I was out in areas that I have been riding for years on my 06 YFZ used to be 450. First gear took a bit of getting used to. Seems like the trans has 2nd - 6th instead of 1st - 5th. The only time I noticed this was when I was taking off from a dead stop. The suspension is amazing! I was hammering whoops as fast or faster than I do when I'm on the YFZ without getting the crap beat out of me. The handling seemed a little tail happy so I tried All Wheel Drive. That was the ticket. The handling became very predictable and settled. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and get the engine broken in. Then I'm off to Sand Mountain the following weekend! I'll still bring my Raptor 700 sand toy but it should be a good time seeing how my YXZ stacks up against my buddies various RZR's and Maverick's.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Interesting story there! Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels yubamike :D

I also remember the days when Kenny Roberts was racing that brings back some good old memories :cool:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum from another Kenny Roberts fan.

My favorite story about him was in an old dirt bike magazine article about him trying to teach the reporter to ride flat track on XR80's.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow, I feel much better, now; I once came home with a $4,500 clutch cable. :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts