Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

Increase Stator output

18K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  dallas dog 
#1 ·
Just wanted to start a thread for those aftermarket guys. I think rewinding the stator to get more watts would be the cleanest way to go, if it can be done. We need to find out if there is enough room to allow for more winds. I don't really want to run an alternator if I don't have to. Just another belt to watch out for and keep the alt clean from sand may be a problem.
Any electrical guys out there willing to try to get this done?

#2 ·
Subscribed. Very interested in the results/possibilities with this as well.....

#6 ·
Maybe we all ought to drop a bug in Stator-man's ear and have him get on this now. If it's possible to do, it would be a gold mine for him cuz everyone's gonna want to do it. ! I've had him rewind several stators for me over the years, and he does an awesome job!

#7 ·
#9 ·
Dat be him! :)

#19 ·
Yamaha says the alternator kit won't be here until January. That's messed up. I am going to mount an Odyssey 925 as a second battery. I'll weld a bracket onto the passenger side motor mount bars. Plenty of room for it. I'll use that battery for the accessories. I'm going to add a 40" BajaDesigns light bar, radio, air compressor, GPS, and air pumper. Hope it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.