Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any problems with the shifting actuator intermittently not working one machine is Hot cannot get into neutral and reverse but when it’s cold it shifts great?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Try running maxima 85wt MTL I run it in my three pedal car and feel through the shifter that it is smoother than the the regular motor oil

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try running maxima 85wt MTL I run it in my three pedal car and feel through the shifter that it is smoother than the the regular motor oil
My good friend and owner of Blackhills Powersoprts recommended when doing my first 20hr service to switch to Bel-Ray 80W Gear Saver Transmission Oil. I have a 2020 XT-R and what a difference after making the switch. The clutch is much smoother with less grabby feeling, the shifts are crisper with less gear whine. Scott said that a racer friend of his was the one that recommended using it in the YXZ transmissions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My good friend and owner of Blackhills Powersoprts recommended when doing my first 20hr service to switch to Bel-Ray 80W Gear Saver Transmission Oil. I have a 2020 XT-R and what a difference after making the switch. The clutch is much smoother with less grabby feeling, the shifts are crisper with less gear whine. Scott said that a racer friend of his was the one that recommended using it in the YXZ transmissions.
That’s interesting to know. I have been running bellray in motocross for years and absolutely love. Actually joined this site because I just got my first side by side. It’s the sport shift and was wandering what people are running for trans fluid. So I’m using bell ray 10-40 in the motor. Bellray hypoid in the Diffs and now I guess I will try the 80 on the trans. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I using Bel-Ray EXS Full-Synthetic Ester Base 4T in the Engine. Bel-Ray Gear Saver Transmission 80W oil in the Transmission. Bel-Ray Gear Saver Hypoid Gear 80W90 oil in the front diff and final drive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I using Bel-Ray EXS Full-Synthetic Ester Base 4T in the Engine. Bel-Ray Gear Saver Transmission 80W oil in the Transmission. Bel-Ray Gear Saver Hypoid Gear 80W90 oil in the front diff and final drive.
I talked with weller today and he said we would be better off running the bellray motor oil in the trans instead of the 80. It’s better on the clutches

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bel-Ray Gear Saver Transmission Oil is a gear oil that has been developed for the unique demands of all motorcycle transmissions equipped with wet clutches. Bel-Ray Gear Saver Transmission Oil flows freely for better clutch cooling and provides positive clutch engagement for better starts and longer clutch life while protecting highly-loaded gears from wear, ensuring smooth shifts for more positive action.
    • Formulated to protect transmission gears from wear
    • Positive clutch engagement for better starts and longer clutch life
    • Protects shafts, bearings and gears
    • For air-cooled/liquid-cooled 2T/4T transmissions with wet clutches

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bel-Ray Gear Saver Transmission Oil is a gear oil that has been developed for the unique demands of all motorcycle transmissions equipped with wet clutches. Bel-Ray Gear Saver Transmission Oil flows freely for better clutch cooling and provides positive clutch engagement for better starts and longer clutch life while protecting highly-loaded gears from wear, ensuring smooth shifts for more positive action.
    • Formulated to protect transmission gears from wear
    • Positive clutch engagement for better starts and longer clutch life
    • Protects shafts, bearings and gears
    • For air-cooled/liquid-cooled 2T/4T transmissions with wet clutches
Yea I know what it is. I have been sponsored by them since the 90”s. And my dad since the 80”s. But when someone like Jason weller recommends using the motor oil in the trans instead of the gear oil you should probably listen. The motor oil is the same as you run In a four stroke motorcycle and according to him the clutch assemble (trans) on the yzx holds up and gets better protection form the 10-40 bellray synthetic than it does from the 80. So it tried it. When running the 80 in my ss the slip light comes on way more often than with the 10-40. After I changed to the 10-40 I can crawl a few more miles an hour slower without the slip light coming on. And It shifts better. Just seems snappier in the shifts. People have been arguing about oil since we discovered oil lol. The 80 gear oil will work just fine. But I did take his advice and will never use anything other than 10-40 again. 👍👍👍 bellray of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts