Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2017 YXZ1000R SS SE that was in like-new, stock condition and is actually in its break-in period still. (It was in my budget and got me into the SxS world, without having to worry about replacing busted belts all the time.) I've only been cruising it at around 35-45mph and noticed that it's always shooting up to 205ºf and sometimes over 210ºf when it's only 50ºf, or even colder, outside. I was able to keep the temps in the 180-190 range today only because the winds are blowing. What's the normal operating temperature of a fully stock YXZ? And if it's running this hot, should I even bother starting it when it warms up outside?

(Also, I have not been riding in the mud.)

Thank you

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think this is ok. My themps of mine are between 92-105°C, this is about 197°F-221°F. It only gets that really hot (over 100°C) when it was summer and i shut it down to early. The only thing i would recommended - let it on until the fans shut down themselfs.

Just for info: I got a 2019 ss yxz. Bought it brand new so i do not think there are any problems with the cooling system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I,ve seen my 2016 as high as 230 degrees, when racing. You need to get into programming and low the temperature. Also I would consider relocating the radiator to the bed and up high to get air! Now I stay in the 160 to 170 range when moving!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
A friend got a tune from Alba and he says it lowered his temps into the 185-195 range. He says he has only seen it over 200 once and that was while running a hill at Glamis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts