Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new 2019 SS here. Was going over it for a ride tomorrow and noticed this rubbing on this sleeve on the rear shocks? It's really rough and scratched. Haven't had it in any kind of mud or anything, just puddles and 2 tracks... washed each time after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yes, it's normal, it's the small stones in the cross overs scraping, maybe hit it with some compressed air and then WD-40, that will help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's normal, it's the small stones in the cross overs scraping, maybe hit it with some compressed air and then WD-40, that will help.
Thanks man I appreciate it, feel a lot better now!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean? Turn them clockwise type thing?

In the picture I can see the flat end of the top spring on the cross over the bottom spring end should be opposite of the top spring . If the ends are close to each other it seems to put a uneven side load and cause the crossover to rub more than normal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys new 2019 SS here. Was going over it for a ride tomorrow and noticed this rubbing on this sleeve on the rear shocks? It's really rough and scratched. Haven't had it in any kind of mud or anything, just puddles and 2 tracks... washed each time after.

Happened on my 2017. The dealer said the shocks weren't installed correctly and needed to be rotated. If you look closely, the shocks have a slight curve, and if they aren't "clocked" correctly, this will happen.
Ir won't effect performance, but it looks bad. I suppose if the paint is scraped off the inside of the spring and start to rust.
The dealer replaced mine under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Happened on my 2017. The dealer said the shocks weren't installed correctly and needed to be rotated. If you look closely, the shocks have a slight curve, and if they aren't "clocked" correctly, this will happen.
Ir won't effect performance, but it looks bad. I suppose if the paint is scraped off the inside of the spring and start to rust.
The dealer replaced mine under warranty.

Happening on my 2019 ss. The left rear shock is wearing into the crossover aluminum collars. Replaced once under warranty and problem still exists. Dealer has no answers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts