Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

We've been waiting years for Yamaha to release a sport side by side and on September 1 our wish will come true. Stay tuned my friends!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The part of that video that shows its dust cloud from a long distance gives me the impression that this new SxS will flat out haul ass..
Lets hope it lives up to the hype!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
So are we thinking this thing is strictly for the "flat out desert and dune racer" or do we think it could still be used on most trails, hi-desert back roads, etc.
I guess a lot of it will depend on the gearing and if that triple will actually produce any low end torque. Or will it just be a hi-revving beast.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
So are we thinking this thing is strictly for the "flat out desert and dune racer" or do we think it could still be used on most trails, hi-desert back roads, etc.
I guess a lot of it will depend on the gearing and if that triple will actually produce any low end torque. Or will it just be a hi-revving beast.
If its geared properly it could have both.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
They have been testing it on the east coast at windrock under heavy security I've heard. If this is correct I'm guessing they will have two models. One for each coast.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
They have been testing it on the east coast at windrock under heavy security I've heard. If this is correct I'm guessing they will have two models. One for each coast.
I think you might be right about 2 models. 847cc & a 999 cc version.
This will let them race in both classes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does anyone have an idea what the width will be on these?? Thinking 60" up to 64" possibly. I believe they have to more machines to release after this, so hoping for a 50" Trail version down the line. At least it will give some of us AC Trail guys an option other then a Polaris.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in a pickle caused really want a mav but the banshee is worth getting excited about. I just don't know if I want a first year model :/

Can am and popo have years of real field testing behind them already. Maybe let the bugs get worked out this year first?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I'm in a pickle caused really want a mav but the banshee is worth getting excited about. I just don't know if I want a first year model :/

Can am and popo have years of real field testing behind them already. Maybe let the bugs get worked out this year first?
I normally would agree but Yamaha has a lot SxS experience behind them, not all good experience either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ya I had a rhino...Nvr had any issues with it and I use to beat on that thing in glamis. Actually very impressed how well it held up.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Ya I had a rhino...Nvr had any issues with it and I use to beat on that thing in glamis. Actually very impressed how well it held up.
If they really want to make a serious impression, I think they realize they need to bring something really special to consumers. They have been on the sidelines while the SxS sport sector has exploded. So if they want market share, they need to make a statement with something that has real improvements. IMO

1 - 20 of 22 Posts